Chilterns Muddy Ride Out

matthewcashmore

Re: Chilterns Muddy Ride Out

Post by matthewcashmore »

Hi there - I'll be heading along and would like to join the green lane run if you'll have me! :laugh:

m
steveaaa0

Post by steveaaa0 »

Hi Mudwiz

I'm a newbie, and it will be my first rally. Looking forward to it but a little nervous.... I'm interested in the off road rideout on the Saturday , can't make arrival until Friday evening :-(

I'm riding. 1200 GSA on Michelin Anakee's. Does that sound suitable for the kind of rideout you have in mind?

Cheers

Steve
GOG 007

Post by GOG 007 »

steveaaa0 wrote:Hi Mudwiz

I'm a newbie, and it will be my first rally. Looking forward to it but a little nervous.... I'm interested in the off road rideout on the Saturday , can't make arrival until Friday evening :-(

I'm riding. 1200 GSA on Michelin Anakee's. Does that sound suitable for the kind of rideout you have in mind?

Cheers

Steve
Hi Steve No need for nerves, we were all virgins once :huh: Please check out the main thread here http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... -2012.html
and let me know about your food requirements, not long now :)
steveaaa0

Post by steveaaa0 »

Definitely up for the chilli Saturday night . Thanks very much for your help. See you Friday.
train driver

Post by train driver »

Possibly a silly question but where are you sunday off roaders meeting and what time, if its been covered already
sorry :laugh: :laugh:
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

If we are meeting anywhere it will be at the campsite as most of us will be there already !

If your heading in, that the best place to aim for

http://www.townfarmcamping.co.uk/home

Not sure that we have thought about a time yet but GOG 007 and MudWiz may have something in mind
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

As I note elsewhere that the road ride on Saturday is scheduled to leave at 09.30 I think the extreme muddy ride will be looking at a 9.30 am meet for a quick briefing/faffing about/finding those lost goggles/going for a final pee, session before a prompt departure at 10.00 am.

We will call at a petrol station about 9-10 miles into the ride as there isn't a convenient one near the campsite.

Not sure about the Sunday ride but I would guess no earlier than 10.00 am, as don't forget it's the start of British Summer Time so clocks go forward on Saturday night and we lose an hour :woohoo:
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Can I make a suggestion!!!!

Normal boil "ride safety" is the trail guys go off first and at 15 min intervals if two groups or more and road ride groups last...reason is safety and not wanting to upset the villages with loads of bikes departing at once..all going different ways.

Thats whats happened at most rallies and I know the organisers of this meet are new to it so ..just offering input.

I'm sure all will be sorted out friday night into early departs etc and who's riding with who?

Also some people are early birds and some not..me I`m up with the birds :ohmy:

I will have my tyre levers etc along and a mini compressor too..
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Good advice.

We are lucky with this site that it exits straight onto a busy B Road that is a very popular route for ride-outs and will be guaranteed to have numerous bikes using it at the weekend, so no surprises for the locals. Unless you ride out via Ivinghoe Village (not necessary) it's quite easy to avoid the local villages.

I'll be checking with MudWiz where the Non Extreme Muddy ride is going as I can take the extreme muddy ride a number of different ways to the first lanes, so shouldn't be hard to avoid each other.

And remember this is the busy South East where it's impossible to avoid traffic ;)
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
GOG 007

Post by GOG 007 »

Mad Cow wrote:Good advice.

We are lucky with this site that it exits straight onto a busy B Road that is a very popular route for ride-outs and will be guaranteed to have numerous bikes using it at the weekend, so no surprises for the locals. Unless you ride out via Ivinghoe Village (not necessary) it's quite easy to avoid the local villages.

I'll be checking with MudWiz where the Non Extreme Muddy ride is going as I can take the extreme muddy ride a number of different ways to the first lanes, so shouldn't be hard to avoid each other.

And remember this is the busy South East where it's impossible to avoid traffic ;)
Ladies/Gents fear not there will be a briefing Friday night, :) Mudwiz and I are having a beer chat about the weekend this weekend, Mad Cow we will keep you in the loop

Return to “ABR Chilterns Chill Out Weekend March 22nd to 25th 2012”