nods

Bikers and riding
bowber

Re: nods

Post by bowber »

vRSG60 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:38 pm I was parked up outside my house on Saturday taking the toolbox off the pannier rails and a guy on an older GS came past, saw me messing, then turned round to see if I was OK. :D
So chivalry isn't dead just yet.
Good to hear, I try to stop or at least slow and give a thumbs up to ask if they need help, most of the time I get a thumbs up back so carry on but a few times I've stopped or turned back and helped, at the very least to offer moral support if nothing can be done.

Steve
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

Due to feeling a bit of a plum nodding at people who studiously ignore me, then feeling a bit of a git ignoring someone who does nod because I've given up on the whole thing, have developed a new system........

Nod at everyone, but look straight down the road so don't know if I'm being ignored or even given the finger for that matter! :D :D
Result being never offended by someone with a superiority complex, or more importantly offending a normal person - tidy!
PatC

Post by PatC »

Interesting reading this thread. Took up riding last spring and immediately noticed how many bikers acknowledged me, even on my 125 with L plates. It immediately made me feel I was part of something a bit special. Since progressing onto a CB500X I've noticed that probably about 90% of the bikes I pass will nod, a few even wave. Is it just me, but I never get a nod from cruiser riders and certainly have never been acknowledged by a Harley (three ignored me on the way to work this morning!).

The day I picked up my CB500X I stopped in a layby for a sandwich and breather on the way home. Within about two minutes of stopping three guys on sports bikes had slowed down to check I was OK. Nice!
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

ggp59 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:25 pm Due to feeling a bit of a plum nodding at people who studiously ignore me, then feeling a bit of a git ignoring someone who does nod because I've given up on the whole thing, have developed a new system........

Nod at everyone, but look straight down the road so don't know if I'm being ignored or even given the finger for that matter! :D :D
Result being never offended by someone with a superiority complex, or more importantly offending a normal person - tidy!
Right Mr ggp59, just lie down here and make yourself ever so comfortable. Look at the watch swaying and tell me all about your childhood...

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”