looking for some legal advice on speeding

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Peirre

Re: looking for some legal advice on speeding

Post by Peirre »

Taking the fine + points the money goes to the government.
Taking the SAC feeds the revenue into the local SCP which in turn bankrolls the SCP, allowing them to run more mobile & static cameras in that area. So in theory if enough people take the fine + points it would starve the local SCP of revenue and put them out of business.
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

YOSHIWOLVES wrote:guys, thanks for all the replys,, (although I didn't mean to start ww3 :blush: ) I will hopefully get the speed awerness course offered, never done one before,
couldn't have done a u turn as it was on a dual carridgeway with a large central resavation, you know the type, the ones that are usually more than a 50 limit :laugh:

thanks all :) :)
Some of the guys I go out on a run with laugh at me cos I always have my sat nav on. Even on roads we know. However my sat nav tells me the speed limit on that road. Some of them that the code say should be 60 are set at 50 or even 40. Handy if you miss the sign.
And it tells me the limit in MPH when on the continent.

Mind you I am still no angel just never been found out in over 20 years. :whistle:
YOSHIWOLVES

Post by YOSHIWOLVES »

hooligan wrote:Forgot to mention that one can only be offered speed awareness if less than 15mph over the limit.
Fine in this case , only 8 over. The 10% over is entirely discretionary and one can technically be prosecuted for 31mph in a 30mph limit; although very unlikely.
Also, if 30mph over the limit , it is court ( they can't offer a ticket) and most likely a ban .
I hope we are all having good, fast and safe fun out there.
seems it depends on the police force involved,,with the paperwork is a frequently asked questions section and I quote

"can I have a caution?. Lancashire constabulary do not offer cautions for safety camera speeding offences, instead our thresholds for prosecution are set at a higher level of 10% +3 for all speed limits(ie in a 30mph limit the lowest speed we will prosecute is 36mph )if your speed is below this threshold you will not receive any correspondence regarding an offence of speeding from our force "
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Peirre wrote:Taking the fine + points the money goes to the government.
Taking the SAC feeds the revenue into the local SCP which in turn bankrolls the SCP, allowing them to run more mobile & static cameras in that area. So in theory if enough people take the fine + points it would starve the local SCP of revenue and put them out of business.
That's the way forward (thumbs)

I've done one speed awareness course and I'd sooner take the points than sit through that again.
Nick_2112

Post by Nick_2112 »

YOSHIWOLVES wrote:received a NIP in the post today for a speeding offence, 58 in a 50,, I checked out the photographic evidence online but the photos are only of the front of the bike so no way of identification, but they obviously got my number after I had passed the camera van,, so my question is can they prosecute me on the evidence of the photos even though they dont show a number plate ?
thanks in advance :)
Can I ask, how do you view the photo online, do you need offence numbers?
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

Ive done two courses. £80 each. Cheaper than the fine and no need to inform insurance.
SATNAV speed limits are way out of date in my neck of the woods. Most 60s are now 50s, with 40s leading in and out of them. They seem to be changing them on a daily basis.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

When SAC's where initiated they where a way of avoiding insurance increases, but with the advent of having to declare SAC's to your insurance company it negates that idea
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Alan29 wrote:Ive done two courses. £80 each. Cheaper than the fine and no need to inform insurance.
SATNAV speed limits are way out of date in my neck of the woods. Most 60s are now 50s, with 40s leading in and out of them. They seem to be changing them on a daily basis.
It appears you didn't learn the lesson the 1st Time :dry:
But if your relying on satnav warnings I'd suggest a subscription to the pocketgpsworld database
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

I don't have any issue with being nicked for speeding. If I get caught then it's due to my lack of observation or being a prat. Having said that, it has not happened for years, ever since I got rid of my RSVR. It was almost impossible to stick to speed limits on that bike, even the slightest tweak of the throttle in any gear would send the bike well over any UK speed limit, often before I had even noticed the speed that I was doing. Mind you the copper did nick me, but not the car that had just over taken me. Must have a liking for bikes. :(

Just a note for today.
There in a lovely old stone bridge in Wansford. Been there for hundreds of years. Now some dopey prat has driven into the end of the parapet and made a right mess of it.
A bit further out, on the road to Nassington a young bloke in a Porsche Boxter came around a bend a stupidly fast speed, well over the centre of the road. This on a Sunday with cyclists and horse riders out enjoying their week end. Nobody likes speed limits, but if it makes a few of the fools on the road take a bit more care and possibly reduces accidents then it can't be all bad.
I wish people who really want to ride/drive really fast, book a track day and screw the nuts of the bike/car. Safer for everybody including themselves.
jaz1259

Post by jaz1259 »

Think weve gone off the original subject,
If you disagree with being caught whether that be signage, wrongly calibrated equipment etc then you have a right to challenge that in court and dont be scared to do so. You will find that it will be heard in a magistrates which dont know law and can look at each case with reason, it wont cost you a lot to do this.
Anyway have a look at this site and it may assist you www.pepipoo.com

Return to “THE PUB”