Best sound proofed Flip up helmet

Does my ass look big in these?
Andi_Archer

Re: Best sound proofed Flip up helmet

Post by Andi_Archer »

Your best trying a few helmets on for fit as different shape heads suit different makes of helmet.Ive seen complaints before of people complaining about the fit of some makes of helmet even expensive ones, yet others have said they fit fine.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Fit has nothing to do with price. It's head shape. If someone says an expensive lid doesnt fit them then they need to look at another brand, it doesnt mean there is a problem with the lid.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Mike54 wrote:Fit has nothing to do with price. It's head shape. If someone says an expensive lid doesnt fit them then they need to look at another brand, it doesnt mean there is a problem with the lid.
Groan... tell me about it, I've only ever found three decent brands that fit, that's HJC, Shark and Shoei.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
simonw

Post by simonw »

Mike54 wrote:Save us a bit of time and give us the top three please (thumbs)
Lazer Monaco Evo Pure Carbon
Shoei Neotech
X-Lite X-1003 Elegance

Each lid is scored on stability, noise, interior, vents, vision, sun visor, flip action and finish.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

-Ralph- wrote:
Mike54 wrote:Fit has nothing to do with price. It's head shape. If someone says an expensive lid doesnt fit them then they need to look at another brand, it doesnt mean there is a problem with the lid.
Groan... tell me about it, I've only ever found three decent brands that fit, that's HJC, Shark and Shoei.
Ha we have a similar head. Shoei is the best fit for me though. I was offered a schuberth for a very cheap price yesterday so am going to try it if not right. Apparenly the c3pro is a different shape to the older c3.
simonw wrote:
Mike54 wrote:Save us a bit of time and give us the top three please (thumbs)
Lazer Monaco Evo Pure Carbon
Shoei Neotech
X-Lite X-1003 Elegance

Each lid is scored on stability, noise, interior, vents, vision, sun visor, flip action and finish.
Tnanks Simon. Those are surprising really. I hate lazer quality and in my experience of them (owned two) it has been really poor.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

From what I understand and have read people are either a Shoei or a Schuberth shape head.

Not many people seem to fit both makes that well.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Shuberth fits me fine round the head, but when I drop the flip front it touches the end of my nose, and it doesn't come low enough below my chin.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
yoda

Post by yoda »

omg, I looked at the Laser Monaco when I ended up buying a new neotec last year..if that's in the top three Laser must be part sponsoring the article or something, terrible build quality, flimsy sides you could push in easily with ya hands (std composite fibre not carbon fibre), visor scraped along sealing strip when you lifted it (that'll not scratch easily when its got road debris in it will it), low score on sharp tests. The opening when you try to put it on your head in is so narrow and takes yer ears off, worse when trying to get it off, maybe with the shell size it works better with the smaller sizes, but there's much better out there at the price point, the sizing seems a bit out..really is one to try on before you buy, I wouldn't mail order one. I tried the xlite, not bad but more an oval narrow fit so not for me, had a Nolan n103, awfull, heavy and noisey, now a plant pot so wouldn't bother with a Nolan again. helmets are very personal though and fit is most important, I used to have Arai helmets but seem to have changed and the last four lids I have had have been shoei's due to the fit and finish, my current hornet is very due retirement and no doubt it'll be another shoei again.
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Mike101 wrote:From what I understand and have read people are either a Shoei or a Schuberth shape head.

Not many people seem to fit both makes that well.

Mike
I'm not sure it's that straightforward, Mike.
Watty2016

Post by Watty2016 »

Just as an update tried on the Evo 3 and it looked massive on my head, so will probably give it a miss this time around, will continue shopping for combination of what seems quality and what suits my shape and size of head, as unfortunately not the Evo 3 this time around. :blink:

Return to “CLOTHING”