New girl from Leamington!!

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
alicia

Re: New girl from Leamington!!

Post by alicia »

Lancastermick wrote:Welcome to the forum mate! :)

It's not about the bike you have...it's about the adventures you have on it! ;)

So any big ride plans looming?

Safe riding, see you around! :)
I like your thinking Lancastermick!!

No big bike plans as yet...was thinking of doing a charity run from John O'Groats to Lands End, but can't really fit it in any time soon. Would quite like to speak to a few people who have done it to see how long it took them, and I'd also like to go out for a few long ride-outs on my bike to see how long I can ride her for before I commit to anything. It sounds like a good idea but I need to see if it's possible! I'm sure it will be :cheer:
alicia

Post by alicia »

GB wrote:Welcome, this is a really good forum to be involved in :) just the right amount of info and banter.
Advice for a new rider from an old rider, get yourself booked onto a trackday with your CBR. You will enjoy yourself immensely, and learn so much about what your bike is capable of,also if you want to scuff your sliders the track is the safest place to do it.
I done my first off road riding four weeks a go after 30 years of road riding and loved it, there is so much to motorcycling, thats why if you are careful and with a little bit of luck it can be your companion for a lifetime.

Enjoy riding :)
Yeah it seems like the perfect place to get answers to the random bike questions I come up with frequently, and not bore people in the process. Everyone seems to be friendly and i'm loving the sense of humour!

I've always wanted to do a track day but wasn't sure of what level of skill i'd need to do one. I don't want to trash my bike as she's my pride and joy!!

I've promised myself I will ride to work everyday to clock up the miles and experience, and I'm already seeing my confidence rise slowly. I bought my bike back in Feb and rode her to work straightaway, but had a few bad experiences...people pulling out in front of me, overtaking me in dangerous places etc etc. And I don't think it helped as I was riding in really cold weather - it was just miserable. Anyway, the sun was shining today and I'm speeding up on the bends and getting lower - I love it! So I can definitely see myself doing a track day in the future.

It's so nice to talk about bikes!!!! I never usually get the chance.
alicia

Post by alicia »

Adrian wrote:Hi Alicia, welcome to the site.
Look out for the magazine too, it's an adventurers dream manual :)

Ade
Thankyou! Yeah I've got a copy, it's wicked!
alicia

Post by alicia »

mark1150 wrote:Hi and welcome to the site.
Nothing to add that hasn't already been said.

Hang on yes there is..... We do like a pic on here.
Here you go then Mark...what do you think to these two bikes I was lucky enough to borrow last year? A Triumph Thunderbird Sport 900 and a Kawasaki Zephyr 750 - how lucky am I?!!
012.jpg
012.jpg (78.13 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
013.jpg
013.jpg (64.8 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
109.jpg
109.jpg (78.49 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
alicia

Post by alicia »

fionaann wrote:Hi alicia, nice to have another girl on the forum, i have a 2006 f650gs in red but waiting for my new bike to be delivered, 2011 g650gs in white, ive past my test 3 years today, i did my first ever offroading last weekend, it was brilliant, going over to italy with my boyfriend africajim in july,we have been abroad lots of time but this time im taking my own bike, cant wait, hope you get lots of enjoyment out of your bike. happy biking :) :P :woohoo:
I've just googled the g650gs :whistle: niiiicce!! I've always liked the look of those bikes but didn't know what they were called. You'll have to let me know what it's like to ride.

So where did you go offroading? And how did you find it as it was your first time? I'd love to give it a go but don't know where to start.

GB is right, there's so much to motorcycling, and a lot of fun to be had!! :)
alicia

Post by alicia »

GUNDOG wrote:Hullo......:kiss:
What friendly dogs ABR has!!

Loving your GSA :side:
alicia

Post by alicia »

CRAIGREVO wrote:I love that colour scheme on your bike, I've never seen one that colour before. B)
Are you thinking of getting a bike for offroading as well or taking the CBR? :evil:
WELCOME-TO-ABR_2011-05-10.gif
Thanks! I love the colour scheme too, it's not at all girly and doesn't scream 'steal me'!

I'm definitely not taking the CBR offroading! But would love to get an old scruffy bike to go out and play on - not sure what to get though...any ideas? :huh:
alicia

Post by alicia »

Lizzie wrote: Where else are us girls considered normal for enjoying all things bike & dirt? :laugh:
Nowhere! It feels like home already!! :woohoo:
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

alicia wrote:
Nicoli wrote:Welcome, always nice to see more people from near by on here :)

Me and my other half are in Cov
Thanks Nicoli! So where are your favourite places to ride near you? I don't often venture over to Cov unless it's to admire my brother's Blackbird in Tile Hill. And does your other half have a bike too?
Hey, well I'm just starting out on the bike. Me and Jin have a 125 between us at the mo.

Once she can drive I'm selling my car to get a bike as I've had enough of the car lol

So far I just really go to work and back as it's only a little street bike and SWMBO would kill me if I damaged it off road :P
alicia

Post by alicia »

VersysRider wrote:Welcome in Alicia,

Nice bike too - Rode one of those and was impressed with its ability, knee down on one of those is no problem, it loves to lean lots. Next time you buy some tyres, fit some Avon storm touring rubber, or even some Avon viper sports tyres - you'll find them amazing for knee-scrubbing action!

I really hope you enjoy your first steps into biking and it sounds like your having fun.

I've already persuaded SWMBO to get a bike once she finishes Uni, she wants an SV650s (older curvy model) or a Gixxer 600 with the 3 way power modes, 65bhp on 'c' mode seems to appeal to her with the option to increase the power modes with confidence. Unfortunately she doesn't see the appeal in getting dirty :(

I suppose I'll be green laning alone then? :(
Thanks for the tyre advice, I'll bear that in mind :)

Who on earth is SWMBO? Have I missed out on some young text jargon or is this a codename for your nearest and dearest?!

And also - 3 way power modes - that's a bit fancy! I bet she'll love the power as soon as she feels the acceleration and won't end up using the lower settings :P

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”