Dragon Rally

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
badsanta

Re: Dragon Rally

Post by badsanta »

boboneleg wrote:
badsanta wrote:Christian? aka Big Chris?
Very big and very loud :laugh:
Bald? Once owned a white harley?
jasext

Post by jasext »

Nope , this is Chris far right in red , photo from last year's rally

badsanta

Post by badsanta »

Ok thanks for that. Mystery solved for me.
JimR

Post by JimR »

Why bother going to Wales at all, you could buy the goodie bag and badge on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dragon-Rally- ... 1e8703d677
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

Yes, you could recreate the experience with that.

Run yourself a cold bath and sit in it until you turn blue.

Put up a tent in the garden and turn a hosepipe sprinkler on it.

Crawl across garden into tent and eat chocolate and drink whisky.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

JimR wrote:Why bother going to Wales at all, you could buy the goodie bag and badge on ebay.

Sad that so far 10 people have bid on it. The kind of people that would put the badge on a hat or jacket without actually attending the rally are best described as oxygen thieves.
ullukk

Post by ullukk »

I know there isn't much you cant get on ebay but seeing this years dragon rally badge on it has surprised me, maybe i'm being a bit naive here but is this turning up at a rally just to get the badge then clearing off a modern day thing or has it always gone on?. I used to do a fair few rallies in the 80's/90's but cant remember people doing this sort of thing then, maybe too drunk to remember those days anyway!!, just for the record i attended the 1990 Dragon rally, enjoyed myself but for no particular reason iv'e never been back. I'm sure i'll still have the badge kicking about somewhere, i'll have to dig it out and bang it on ebay!! only joking!.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

JimR wrote:Why bother going to Wales at all, you could buy the goodie bag and badge on ebay.

I don't know which is sadder, the person selling it or the twats bidding :unsure:
one-legged adventurer
utaka

Post by utaka »

ullukk wrote:I know there isn't much you cant get on ebay but seeing this years dragon rally badge on it has surprised me, maybe i'm being a bit naive here but is this turning up at a rally just to get the badge then clearing off a modern day thing or has it always gone on?. I used to do a fair few rallies in the 80's/90's but cant remember people doing this sort of thing then, maybe too drunk to remember those days anyway!!, just for the record i attended the 1990 Dragon rally, enjoyed myself but for no particular reason iv'e never been back. I'm sure i'll still have the badge kicking about somewhere, i'll have to dig it out and bang it on ebay!! only joking!.

Always gone on to some degree, a small group from an owners club back in the 80's used to at times visit up to 3 per weekend if fairly local, I worked on Saturdays and at one rally met them just leaving to go to another rally after already being at another on the Friday evening, sad, fookin' sad.

Check the sellers feedback, he has 'previous' for selling Dragon rally badges/packs, and they sell for more than the original ticket price, so it appears the seller is NOT the sad one but the buyer is!!
devon john

Post by devon john »

a frend of mine allways sells his badge etc it pays for the fuel.

john

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”