Why do you have an Adventure Style Bike

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
david

Re: Why do you have an Adventure Style Bike

Post by david »

2007 I had a big Off on my CBR and the E R Doctor was stiching me back together and rambling on about his Transalp. How great it was for touring the Alps etc on his own, heading up tracks to camp in the Mountains etc to re connect to himself after his divorce...................My Wife must of been listening as she bought me a Brand New Transalp to get me back on the road............. 2 months later I was in the Alps ;) Yep she'd left me :dry: Its true :)

255206_3119073474770_1178524594_n_2013-04-14.jpg
255206_3119073474770_1178524594_n_2013-04-14.jpg (17.37 KiB) Viewed 996 times

I trust my Transalp and the Adventures just keep a rollin................
desertraider

Post by desertraider »

well when I was younger and fitter ,I road sports bikes ,now I am old and fatter I don't fit on to sports bikes anymore but I do fit on to adventure bikes :whistle:
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Cos I wouldn't get all the wife's shoes on a sports bike. This is before it is properly loaded :blink:

Oh, and the bike landed at JFK Airport 4 hours ago.. Woohoo

Road2Manchester

Post by Road2Manchester »

Cos I am 20 stone. 6ft 3" and there are few bikes that cater for tall fat, b4stards PLUS BMW finance were daft enough to say yes.....

Considering my first bike was a 1500 Goldwing , any tall bike with adjustable suspension works for me.

(PS my cock is big enough thanks. :cheer: )
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
CBSTD

Post by CBSTD »

Devonboy wrote:The older you get the more upright you want to sit, like arm
chairs, then you start thinking about buying a Harl...... F**k that Sh*t :ohmy:
All of the above is true, but only when you are to old and stiff to get your leg over a proper bike do you go down the Hardley Devastating Motor Cyle co. route.
For me I came to road riding late and have always riden an upright bike that you can stand up and ride and hanging over the bars is just totally alien.Adventure style bikes let you away with murder because of the frame geometry and wheel size and they are comfy
Me karma ranover me dogma
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I find it harder to get my leg over the higher seat on any off road style bike than I do on a sports bike and adjustable rear sets can usually make the leg position quite comfortable but my upper arms start to ache earlier and earlier in the day if I go away on holiday on a sports bike. I suppose a set of bar risers would have been a cheaper option but they wouldn't have stopped me riding at speeds that would mean a spell of walking if I was caught.
tea007

Post by tea007 »

Because i can !!!!
cant take the queens shilling to heaven !!!!
IMG_1835.JPG
IMG_1835.JPG (66.38 KiB) Viewed 996 times
Milshy

Post by Milshy »

My "Adventure" bike is my ZZR1400 :laugh: Its taking me off on all kinds of adventures this year...IOM, Ireland, Scotland & 2 trips to the alps. But i do miss the muck, so im toying with the idea of one of those honda crf250l's for next winter's greenlaning....mebeys :S
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

I've been riding GS's since BMW came up with the Gelande Strasse idea based on their ISDE successes. Adventure is such an overused term - you can even go on an adventure caribbean cruise!

I've had lots of road/sports bikes and had lots of 'adventures' on them too.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I ride a bike that takes us to places we want to go in comfort that just happens to be labelled by the marketing men as an Adventure bike. A bike is just a tool for a job and the adventure is what your mind makes of the journey.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “THE PUB”