Five Bikes For Your Garage

The Things We Ride
SteveW

Re: Five Bikes For Your Garage

Post by SteveW »

captinktm wrote:
SteveW wrote:There's an interesting article on the ABR website "Five bikes we'd love to have in our garage this Summer"
Here's mine....of course being a fantasy garage they'd all be split brand new.
Honda 1000 Africa Twin, (Tough one as it would probably be the most used of my Five, I'm a big fan of the GS800, but the new Africa Twin has caught my eye)
KTM 450exc.....In my opinion it's the best for off road fun
Honda Goldwing.....If you're going to have trip on a Big Plush Motorcycle, why not the biggest and the plushest?
Yamaha Tmax Scooter.....Big Scooters are brill, enough said
CCM450.....Rough-road or no-road strap on some soft luggage and head for the hills.
Africa twin? Really Steve. I guess you have ridden one? I have n't and probably wont, but I have been following the long termer they have on MCN and they have thrown a grand at it and still the power is n't blowing the skirt up? I did see one out here and to be honest it look like a 5 year old design. What say you? Oh and you made a mistake on the KTM obviously it would have to be a 525 (which are getting rarer than hen's teeth now) (thumbs)
Hi Chris,
I'm out in Bulgaria next week, just for a week, flying out with the Mrs.
No I've not ridden the new AT. But I guess I'll give one a go with an open mind.
I'm back out in Bulgaria in early October, in the transit custom van, it's not huge and I'll have a bit of gear and a bike in the back....but I'll have a bit of space for some bits and bobs....if you need anything.
Maljones

Post by Maljones »

Ktm 640 adv (I have)
Tuono factory ( should have kept)
Triumph hurricane x75
Pan European
Buell city X

That's the current thinking but that could change....... I'm usually happy with most of the bikes I've owned for different reasons
My extension with nitrous hayabusa and tuono stuffed in it..... I'd happily own both again. The triumph above is a dream!
image_2016-07-29-3.jpeg
image_2016-07-29-3.jpeg (37.59 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Here's my five in no particular order;

Honda Crosstourer 1200

Honda CBX1000

Ducati 916

Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive scooter

MV Agusta F4 RR

(and so so many more machines)

:)
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

beddowsm wrote:Ktm 950 SE
Husky te449 rally

And I'll add.....

Yamaha rd350 ypvs...just to remind me of my youth

Suzuki rg500..... Cause I always wanted one

Honda cbr 900 early 1990's urban tiger

Think I surprised myself with that list.
You surprised me with that list! Verging on touches of class mike ... ....forget i said that.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

For touring I still want a triple so a (lowered) Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 with full luggage.
To look at and take out for a blast on those three perfect summer days,if an RC30 is being greedy a green (obviously!) ZXR750 will do.
For general hooning about on the local twisties I'll have another triple.A Triumph Street Triple 675.
In my imaginary garage we will also have imaginary green lanes in Scotland so I'll give a CCM450 a try.Something light and not too scarey.
And finally I'll have another 350LC just to see why I was so wrong not to fall in love with it in 1992!
th_2016-07-30.jpg
th_2016-07-30.jpg (13.15 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
(thumbs)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I've had a bit of a think about this and come to a decision regarding which 5 bikes would go in my main garage. I'd have more than one garage containing bikes but this would be the first stop if I was going for a ride.

KTM 1290 SuperDuke GT
Kawasaki 750 H2
Laverda Montjuic
Ducati 916
Triton Bonneville

If I could have one bike that wasn't for road use I'd have a Yamaha TZ750 and just do occasional track days on it (thumbs)
I'd also keep my 1190 Adventure, Norton Commando, Tenere outfit and 350 Ducati because I'm something of a hoarder but the KTM in each garage would be the bikes that got changed every 3 years whereas the rest would be keepers.

No small off road bike because I'd buy a more powerful ebike which I find much more fun than small trail bikes and I've got probably 100 times more places I can ride them.
sven

Post by sven »

I'd keep my R1200GS LC and add:

1983 RD350LC YPVS Mk.1 in white/red on a Y-plate
1965 Lambretta SX200
Honda RC30
Ducati 1299 Panigale
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

AndyB wrote:I've had a bit of a think about this and come to a decision regarding which 5 bikes would go in my main garage. I'd have more than one garage containing bikes but this would be the first stop if I was going for a ride.

KTM 1290 SuperDuke GT
Kawasaki 750 H2
Laverda Montjuic
Ducati 916
Triton Bonneville

If I could have one bike that wasn't for road use I'd have a Yamaha TZ750 and just do occasional track days on it (thumbs)
I'd also keep my 1190 Adventure, Norton Commando, Tenere outfit and 350 Ducati because I'm something of a hoarder but the KTM in each garage would be the bikes that got changed every 3 years whereas the rest would be keepers.

No small off road bike because I'd buy a more powerful ebike which I find much more fun than small trail bikes and I've got probably 100 times more places I can ride them.
Andyb, just curious but how many bikes are in your stable?
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

beddowsm wrote:
AndyB wrote:I've had a bit of a think about this and come to a decision regarding which 5 bikes would go in my main garage. I'd have more than one garage containing bikes but this would be the first stop if I was going for a ride.

KTM 1290 SuperDuke GT
Kawasaki 750 H2
Laverda Montjuic
Ducati 916
Triton Bonneville

Andyb, just curious but how many bikes are in your stable?
I've just replied to your other topic but I've got 6 and the wife has got 4. Two of mine are non runners with the Norton just needing the cylinder head bolting on now I've finished refurbishing it and the Ducati is an ongoing project with Mikey sorting various parts out at the moment.
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

OK so my 5 for the garage -
Ducati 996 - still the most beautiful bike iever built to me
My BMW LC GSA - As I've just come back from the Alps and has proven itself as the ultimate adventure/tourer
Aprillia Tuono V4 - Would love one and will eventually trade the street triple in for one.
Suzuki RGV250 - My poster bike growing up
Moto Guzzi California - Saw one at the NEC a couple of years ago and fell in love.
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple

Return to “BIKES”