Massive HD rally this May...

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
AndyB

Re: Massive HD rally this May...

Post by AndyB »

devon john wrote:
AndyB wrote:
devon john wrote:
AndyB wrote:The only reason I'd go would be to point and laugh whenever one of the owners unloaded his bike from a van or trailer because we all know that's how a lot will get there.
so you've been to a few HD rallys then? or is it the same old mith :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

john
I've owned a Harley and been to owners rallies so carry on whistling into the wind. They're the worst of the lot for being arrogant tossers with their road captain jackets spreading their bikes across the road as a rolling road block along with the whole look at me I own a Harley attitude and there lies the reason why I'll never own another one.

I'd much sooner go to a rally where all bikes are welcome and it's who you are and how you got there that counts rather than how many hog badges you've got but hog sums them up because quite a few of them are fat arrogant pigs who own bikes because they've got a few quid of disposable income and their MD owns a Harley.

Sorry about the mini rant and I'm not including you in the last bit because it's very obvious that you don't fit that description but don't try to persuade me that I've not described a lot of Harley owners right down to the last nut and shiny bolt :)
yes i agree with you to a point i will send you a PM to invite a HDRCGB small rally that i am running this
May, in Nth Yorkshire .
this will give you another side of HD clubs ,,,,,,,a riders club
john
I'd be tempted to go (honestly!) but summers are when I'm busy on power stations and I normally only get to go to one rally which is the NABD. Winters are a different story but do they actually have HD winter rallies where you have to brave ice and snow and there's a likelihood of salt on the road? I know there'll always be one or two go but I can't see it being an overly popular idea with the masses.
devon john

Post by devon john »

Andy
as you might be aware i run several events over the year 3 are ABR rallys .two are Harley davidson riders club of great briton,
Ecky thump,,,, Nth Yorkshire.,,,October
Yule tide ,,,,Nth Devon ,,,December.
Malvern hills ,,,,March
i invite the riders club to all the ABR events i run and yes we have a number that attend (not always on HD)
forgive me but i am not sure if you have been to one of these ?if not it would be good to meet you ,
i know that you attend the Elephant which hopefully i will be going back to next year .(did it in 1973)
your knowledge would be helpful !!

john
Tony the Skin

Post by Tony the Skin »

Andy if I ride my BM, Harley or MZ I am the same bloke as are others. Harleys were a very common sight at the Elephant Rally this year.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

devon john wrote:Andy
as you might be aware i run several events over the year 3 are ABR rallys .two are Harley davidson riders club of great briton,
Ecky thump,,,, Nth Yorkshire.,,,October
Yule tide ,,,,Nth Devon ,,,December.
Malvern hills ,,,,March
i invite the riders club to all the ABR events i run and yes we have a number that attend (not always on HD)
forgive me but i am not sure if you have been to one of these ?if not it would be good to meet you ,
i know that you attend the Elephant which hopefully i will be going back to next year .(did it in 1973)
your knowledge would be helpful !!

john
One of the winter ones might be a good test run for my next project :)

I'm still struggling to decide whether to do the Elefant again because I'd got fed up with the amount of bikes being trailered or taken in vans then the owners riding them down from the village and there seemed to be an increasing number of people rolling up in cars then dragging everything down on sledges. That's not how to go to a bike rally in my book and the only excuse for driving to a rally should be that you're disabled.

Having said that, it was well publicised that the BVDM wanted to change the whole shape of the rally this year so it's probably worth another look especially because it's the 60th year. I'm sure there'll be plenty of posts about it over the next 11 months and we'll get to drink beer and burn food together if we both get there.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Tony the Skin wrote:Andy if I ride my BM, Harley or MZ I am the same bloke as are others. Harleys were a very common sight at the Elephant Rally this year.
BMW bashing is old hat so I like having a pop at the HOG members when the opportunity arises and as I've said before; I have owned a Harley so I'm effectively kicking myself as well even though I never signed up to the club.

You'll also notice that at no point have I said that you don't see Harleys at winter rallies because I know with 100% certainty that every year at the Elefant there used to be 4 Italians rode there on Harleys :)

They were in a minority though and there certainly weren't any at the Augustusburg rally this year.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Tony wrote: Andy if I ride my BM, Harley or MZ I am the same bloke as are others. Harleys were a very common sight at the Elephant Rally this year.
BMW bashing is old hat so I like having a pop at the HOG members when the opportunity arises and as I've said before; I have owned a Harley so I'm effectively kicking myself as well even though I never signed up to the club.

You'll also notice that at no point have I said that you don't see Harleys at winter rallies because I know with 100% certainty that every year at the Elefant there used to be 4 Italians rode there on Harleys :)

They were in a minority though and there certainly weren't any at the Augustusburg rally this year.
Ainzy

Post by Ainzy »

Baddest of the lot are those car drivers. Idiots the lot of them. Especially those flying Learner colours on their backs. Also keep a eye on the flat cap crew and the Orange tandidos. :blink:
R1100Gs & MZ Etz 251 Watsonian-squire Combination
moto al

Post by moto al »

image_2015-02-28.jpg
image_2015-02-28.jpg (31.54 KiB) Viewed 2416 times
:whistle: :whistle:
moto al
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

Mawnanian wrote:
fullerton wrote:hi andyb,

but they have badges for everything from road captain to merchandising officer, gotta laugh though

steve
I think you're getting the HD related clubs mixed up with HOG, which isn't a club it's a marketing arm of Harley Davidson.
nope not mixed upwith hog, we had more badges in the nhc than a set in the woods, people started to invent patches just for a laugh

not forgetting all those metal badges on waist coats, can you imagine a trip down the road, but at night it would be like a fire work with all the sparks.

steve
Mawnanian

Post by Mawnanian »

fullerton wrote:
Mawnanian wrote:
fullerton wrote:hi andyb,

but they have badges for everything from road captain to merchandising officer, gotta laugh though

steve
I think you're getting the HD related clubs mixed up with HOG, which isn't a club it's a marketing arm of Harley Davidson.
nope not mixed upwith hog, we had more badges in the nhc than a set in the woods, people started to invent patches just for a laugh

not forgetting all those metal badges on waist coats, can you imagine a trip down the road, but at night it would be like a fire work with all the sparks.

steve
Ok, you have point, I was thinking more about the badged up road captains and officers. If there is a difference between Harley riders and riders of other makes it's that they're more likely to dress in biker style clothing all the time and not just when they have the bike with them. I think it's a lifestyle statement.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”