Dragon Rally

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
paramart

Re: Dragon Rally

Post by paramart »

bigquad, this was the first yr they let people camp on the fri night, i would have been there myself i,m not a member of cmcc, it was no secret, most blokes who i go with regularly knew about it, i agree totally about those who go to b-y-c ride to the site get the badge and f off home, should be handed out sun morn,
desmo666

Post by desmo666 »

Christian, you and your friends made the experience all the more enjoyable and makes the rally what it is, always memorable, one way or another. the guys from Cork were legends, hope they got home safely. Looking at booking the Taffydakar, you sold it to me so well I did the same to a couple of mates and we are in.....be prepared.
look forward to seeing you again.
stu
christian wrote:Good meeting you Stuart and to all the others who i possibly offended in my usual nice manner!

Do you remember the Irish lads....One lad sleeping till awoken by Scottish Mooser and his incredibly loud bagpipe serenade? The lads first sleepy words of startle were "Are you in my tent" as Mooser continued with his bellowing on the pipes and the crowd video'd and took pictures of the awakening.....I may even post one or two of them up this week!!

Wow it was crap weather and Bob and Fred cajoled me into the pub as a rest bite...
After all that beer which was needed with the Welsh performance i am genuinely surprised that no one slept that night!

As for the fight, well there is always one, just not in plane view...We were far too drunk to notice or care.

A grand time had by all and well done to the organizers as it mus be very difficult to please with such wet conditions....
Scanlan

Post by Scanlan »

I was talking to one of the Conwy lad's on Sun morning. As he said, if they had picked the site at Capel Curig, the event would probably have been cancelled due to flooding. He said people moaned about the Caernarfon airport site a few years ago as it was too nice and no end of people moaned about last years site ( I didn't go last year). People also moaned about the site at Beddgelert a couple of years ago. As he said " you can't please everyone".
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

The airport site was pretty crap though :pinch:

I live in North Bedfordshire and we've got plenty of bits of runway from old WWII airfields around the area but I wouldn't want to camp on them.
Apophis

Post by Apophis »

I enjoyed this year had a giggle with some good new pals all older than me LOL
and wish i had more time to see everyone I missed site wasnt great but it had a Bar toilets and showers/bed rooms for some If i could change anything it would be less wind and rain
most of the old sites were flooded anyway

the web site host went belly up that is why it is down and will be back soon for you to again puruse
Every day is an adventure
badsanta

Post by badsanta »

Christian? aka Big Chris?
JimR

Post by JimR »

About 5 years back it was at a site on the edge of Beddgelert, next to the main road and the copper mine, it was a proper site but basic.
I think the site changed hands and they couldn't get it the following year.
Saturday afternoon we sat outside the pub in tee shirts, but when the sun went down it was the coldest Dragon I have been to.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

badsanta wrote:Christian? aka Big Chris?
Very big and very loud :laugh:
one-legged adventurer
Ratski

Post by Ratski »

That just has to be the most unsuitable site yet!!! Ok the weather was crap, but that aint anybody's fault! and so who did you not meet up with this year??? Bad site! Lesson learned I hope!!!!
exrm193

Post by exrm193 »

Music was good though

Sorry about the Go Pro picture quality. It was covered in Rain & wind!!!

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”