New Go Pro Hero 3

Selous

Re: New Go Pro Hero 3

Post by Selous »

misterlaffer wrote:I've got my hands on a Silver too. Looking forward to using it this Spring, and wondered about the GoPro tether they sell, but this relies on a sticky pad too. Do you recommend an alternative lanyard ? Which one ?

Mark
I have there go pro tether on my lid behind the mount, got it with the Camera

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
RoadTrekker

Post by RoadTrekker »

I have had mine for about 6 months after having Contour HD for 2 years which has now gone bankrupt.
Just a few pointers:-
1. Go to GoPro web site and download the the latest firmware update as there has been problems with cameras locking up.
2. Use only class 10 SD memory cards and larger GB the better there is a list on GoPro web site what to use as this is another reason for the cameras locking up.
3. Play with it home using different settings before you go for a ride to avoid ballsing up a ride video.
4. I normally use 1080 at 60FPS as a default so that I can slow it down for special action shots plus it looks more smoother than at 24/25FPS
The rest is practice and play good luck (thumbs)
Beepee

Post by Beepee »

I've got a brand new GoPro Chesty for sale. £20 plus post through bank transfer or paypal as a gift.

Another good addition to buy is the remote control mount for your bike.
APD_660Ten

Re: Re: New Go Pro Hero 3

Post by APD_660Ten »

misterlaffer wrote:I've got my hands on a Silver too. Looking forward to using it this Spring, and wondered about the GoPro tether they sell, but this relies on a sticky pad too. Do you recommend an alternative lanyard ? Which one ?

Mark
I just use a strap from an old compact camera. Loop it through the bolt on the base of the camera and attach it to something near where you mount it. I have even just tiewraped it when I'm trying somewhere new.

If you want total peace of mind you can by a replacement lense suround with a tether point.
coddy

Post by coddy »

Hi guys
Thinking about getting a go-pro. But. Silver or black edition. Is the black worth the extra dosh.
Tenere Mart

Post by Tenere Mart »

Try looking at the Garmin Vibe much of much as the go pro
MART
Beepee

Post by Beepee »

coddy wrote:Hi guys
Thinking about getting a go-pro. But. Silver or black edition. Is the black worth the extra dosh.
YES !
Ali in Austria

Post by Ali in Austria »

The Black is in a different Ball Park to the Silver.
APD_660Ten

Post by APD_660Ten »

Personally I couldn't justify the jump in price for the black and I have never been disapointed with the silver.

The black has a better top end video mode so if you want to shoot above 1080p then this is the one. But I typically shoot most of my video in 720, for what I do with it, it's more than enough and you can get to 120fps in that mode. Plus better battery life.

The black has far more pro modes. Black goes above 10mp but again. Never need to go above that myself and run my timelapse in 5mp most of the time.

Remote. Don't be swayed by that. You can use your phone on any of them plus it kills battery so I turn it off.

When I bought mine the difference was well over 100 quid between the 2. All that said. If you have the spare cash or think you'll really use the modes above what the silver offers go for the black they do offer some great high end features.

Something I was told. The black is more targeted at the pro users and has a lot of features the pros we asking for.

Also. There is a new black+ out that is above the black on spec. I believe they are the same or similar price so if you're spending the extra go for that.
Moorso
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@alternate-road

Post by Moorso »

Personally....no....I don't see any justification in going for the Black edition.
As APD_660Ten said...the black edition is very much aimed at Pro users (or those filming for TV / film purposes....for example....my mate who is a special effects technician is away filming in Iceland for a new HBO series...they use Go Pro's for action shots! But they use the black edition).

If it's a hobby / pleasure thing, I simply can't justify the price difference.
The Go Pro site has great updates in terms of software and although I'm yet to use it, their editing software (free) looks good too.

Someone asked about tethering....I am not going to buy the bespoke tether, the tether area is the hinge on the bottom, and I'm just going to tie it with a shoe lace or something similar to the handlebar. I did buy an aluminium handlebar mount though. I had wanted the K-Edge one, but they are designed for thicker mountain bike handlebars....so I bought this........
images.jpg
images.jpg (3.54 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
Annoyingly, I have just discovered these....which are similar design to the K-Edge ones and fit 22mm (7/8ths inch) motorbike bars
T2eC16dHJIE9qSO9RjBQh43T5lC60_12.JPG
T2eC16dHJIE9qSO9RjBQh43T5lC60_12.JPG (30.72 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
Damn! Would have liked one of those!!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@alternate-road
Web: www.alternate-road.blogspot.co.uk/

Author of: 'Valhalla and the Fjörd'

Return to “Ireland”