davsato

Re: FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY

Post by davsato »

thats a shame mark, there will be more rallies and meets though
Dave
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

mark1150 wrote:Well after looking forward to it for some considerable time, I now find myself declaring myself out.
Work issues that I know are going to crop up will see me working my tits off and getting home too late on Friday to roll up there, (I'd be too knackered after 03.00am getting up followed by a few hundred miles round trip and a days work on top),
And to go up for the day is not an option, and to be fair even if I did; you lot will be out and about anyway.
So that's it I'm cattled!
Thats a bummer mate, it looks like I will get back from France in time to have met on the way, so see you again sometime! cheers Marc
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
scouse

Post by scouse »

mark1150 wrote:Well after looking forward to it for some considerable time, I now find myself declaring myself out.
Work issues that I know are going to crop up will see me working my tits off and getting home too late on Friday to roll up there, (I'd be too knackered after 03.00am getting up followed by a few hundred miles round trip and a days work on top),
And to go up for the day is not an option, and to be fair even if I did; you lot will be out and about anyway.
So that's it I'm cattled!
Bugger - was looking forward to the pun fest :D Ah well 'nother time, or we could all meet up at the ice-cream shack at Rutland water one day ... shady trees... ice cream...mmmm ice cream....
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

First a huge thanks lads, although I can't go it has made a huge difference to me reading your posts.
Turning up late is a non starter, my day starts when a lot of you are getting to bed, in fact this week alone I've had one 02.30 two 03.00 and the rest have been lye in's at 03.30 starts, by the time I'd have got home SSS, and out the door I'd be cattled, and that might not end well if I fall asleep.
To go up for a day wouldn't be on the cards, as for me it will just add to the torture of what I've missed.
There will be another time and soon I hope, as I have a good bit of holiday left over for the last year, and I love the lakes.
Have a great time and keep 'em SSU, Oh and lots of pix please, you do know that pix please my simple mind!
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
davsato

Post by davsato »

not long now, first camping of the year for me so i got the kit out today for a trial pack. dont remember it all being so big, but i got extra kit this year. to go with my enormous tent, enormous sleeping bag and enormous chair, ive now got an enormous awning. had to buy a bigger drybag to put it all in, but it goes.

can i remind everyone maria asked us to remember to bring stand pucks? (thats it you wait, i'll forget mine now)
Dave
Paul

Post by Paul »

Oh that's what they're called!!!!:laugh:
Maria
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Silly question from me - where is the nearest fuel station from the camp site?

Also, silly question No 2 - what range of food shops will be open on Saturday afternoon, possibly late afternoon?

Thought I'd ask now before being caught wandering aimlessly round K-Stephen like a homeless wreck ;) :whistle: :)

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Steve,
Don't worry you won't be pushing your bike or having to kill a sheep and cook it for your dinner

There is a Fuel Station about half a mile up the road, open seven days a week until 9, I think!
There is a Co-op supermarket about five minutes walk, open seven days, there are three chippies, two chinese's an Indian and numerous cafe's.

Cheers,
Paul
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Steve Looks like a petrol station 5 min away , just as you enter KS from the north .
Johnstons Garage , Gulf Fuel .. and a largish Coop behind it on parallel street
On there website it says

Johnstones Garage, North Road, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria, CA17 4RP.
PETROL : Monday to Friday: 7am to 8pm .Saturday: 7.30am to 7pm and Sunday: 9am to 8pm

The Coop(redmayne road) CA17 4RL. bigger store
opening times Fri 07:00 - 22:00 Sat 07:00 - 20:00 Sun 10:00-16:00

Another Coop on main street (middle of village) smaller shop
Market Street, Kirby Stephen, Cumbria, CA17 4QN
Opening 0700hrs to 2200hrs everyday

I have just used the internet to find this out , so should be correct .. but if Iam wrong about opening times , blame coop site.. :woohoo:
Paul

Post by Paul »

Paul wrote:Hi Steve,
Don't worry you won't be pushing your bike or having to kill a sheep and cook it for your dinner

There is a Fuel Station about half a mile up the road, open seven days a week until 9, I think!
There is a Co-op supermarket about five minutes walk, open seven days, there are three chippies, two chinese's an Indian and numerous cafe's.

Cheers,
Paul
Sorry I forgot!
I have cut a lump of old ply into 4" squares, so if you forget your stand puck don't worry.
I think Jesse and the girls are planning to get the food ready for 7.30ish, hope everybody will be there by then.
If you cant find us ring Paul on 07711 882112, I will guide you in, you shouldn't have any problems though.

Return to “ABR FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY APRIL 15th 2011”