Tyre ideas..

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
minkyhead

Re: Tyre ideas..

Post by minkyhead »

i think the e07 is going to be a bit minmal on wet ground coops

the e09 dakar is a better trail tyre

i would shy away completly from a e07 front ..you could do a lot worse than putting a tk front on and playing with the rear a e07 front will be no better than the scorps in soft going they will clog up to hell

it a tough one if your sensible on the road even in the wet trail based tyres will trundle you along at 50 60mph on the back roads and keep you safer on the trail
theres pleanty of really good riders and indeed average that can get through allsorts of shite on marginal tyres but theres no getting away from the fact that the taller the blocks and the more space between them the better they are off road
not easy but if you landed on a spare set of wheels you could change the bike over in 30 mins and have the best of both

i would say that you need at least a set of tks when your starting off to give yourself a chance they are probably the best comprimise out there for a blocked tyre they are as good as you will get on the road

ive tried a few
By minkyhead at 2011-10-26
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Grumbleweed

Tyre ideas..

Post by Grumbleweed »

The 07 has done me well on the trails I've ridden. I suppose it's down to the fact that there isn't a clay mud here in Devon which would clog the front I'm sure!!

Used to get the same issues with landrovers. Bf mud terrains great on anything until clay, where the toyo's would carry on. I do like the look ok tkc's but for the longevity I cannot justify them! The e07's have done 3k now on all surfaces mostly road and still look new. Tkc's would be kippered by now! Running on an RD04 twin btw.

Interesting your posts on the heid's- maybe try them when these have had it!

Return to “TECHNICAL”