allanmac wrote:
bull wrote:
allanmac wrote:
Bluepaul wrote:So this is wrong ?
bull wrote:
special one wrote:
allanmac wrote:
bull wrote:
Tim Cullis wrote:[quote="Tim Cullis" post=323264]Some of the threads on here are difficult to read as they mainly comprise posts full of quotes from previous posts.

Just in case there's any doubt on the subject, you DON'T have to always quote the post you are responding to, especially if it's the latest post on the thread. Just hit the REPLY button instead.

And if you are going to quote, be selective about what you use if the previous post is fairly wordy. Remove extraneous text that's not needed, leaving just the sentence you are responding to. You do this by editing (deleting) the text between the <quote> and </quote> commands.
What I've done here is to respond to the first post using the QUOTE button. [quote

Now feel free to use this thread to experiment in response editing.

Hit the QUOTE button to respond to this post and edit the text that you are quoting leaving just the words 'feel free to use this thread' from the second post on the thread.

Hint: this will involve removing one of the sets of <quote> and </quote> commands.

am I doing it right :P
Maybe not (thumbs)

Cheers Allan
I think you're both doing a grand job (thumbs)

thanks, i think we are getting the hang of it now :P
Apparently so (thumbs)

Cheers Allan

how about this (thumbs)

or have i done that already :P
Maybe you have I'm not sure :whistle:

Cheers Allan[/quote]

I'm lost !! There's so many ways you can fall foul of the online "quote" etiquette "quote" laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
thanks,,you have educated me on this quote thingie (thumbs)
work hard,,,,,,,,,,,play harder !!
Dave DRZ

Re: Using quotes (intelligently) in responses

Post by Dave DRZ »

andymac wrote:Some on here are difficult to read. Just in case there's any doubt hit the REPLY button instead.

if you are going to quote, be fairly wordy. You do this by experiment.

am I not doing a grand job, getting the hang of it now, or have i done that already, I'm not sure. I'm lost !! There's so many ways you can fall foul of the laws.

Sent from my thingie
Is this what you mean?

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Tim Cullis wrote:Some on here are difficult as they mainly full of commands.
Bit like that then..... :laugh:

You must of known which direction this thread was going as soon as you hit the button :whistle: .
wayne roome

Post by wayne roome »

andymac wrote:
IndigoSteve wrote:
allanmac wrote:
bull wrote:
allanmac wrote:
bull wrote:
special one wrote:
allanmac wrote:
bull wrote:[quote="Tim Cullis" post=323265][quote="Tim Cullis" post=323264]Some of the threads on here are difficult to read as they mainly comprise posts full of quotes from previous posts.

Just in case there's any doubt on the subject, you DON'T have to always quote the post you are responding to, especially if it's the latest post on the thread. Just hit the REPLY button instead.

And if you are going to quote, be selective about what you use if the previous post is fairly wordy. Remove extraneous text that's not needed, leaving just the sentence you are responding to. You do this by editing (deleting) the text between the <quote> and </quote> commands.
What I've done here is to respond to the first post using the QUOTE button. [quote

Hit the QUOTE button to respond to this post and edit the text that you are quoting leaving just the words 'feel free to use this thread' from the second post on the thread.

Hint: this will involve removing one of the sets of <quote> and </quote> commands.

Maybe not (thumbs)

Cheers Allan

Apparently so (thumbs)

Cheers Allan

how about this (thumbs)

Cheers Allan[/quote]

I'm lost !! There's so many ways you can fall foul of the online "quote" etiquette "quote" laws.

thanks,,you have educated me on this quote thingie (thumbs)[/quote]

I am not sure if i am doing this right. Can anyone explain please as i keep getting the previous quotes on my postings
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.

Its all...He says. Then he says. Then she says. Then they say. Then the first one says again...

Does this count?
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Quote intelligently, hmm

'Insanity: doing the same thing over & over again & expecting a different result. Now Einstein was pretty intelligent

Personally I prefer 'never pee into the wind' very intelligent that one (thumbs)

Hows that?

I would have read the thread, but a bunch of bozos have ruined it :laugh:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

How do you quote from two separate posts into one reply?
bull

Post by bull »

wayne roome wrote:
andymac wrote:
IndigoSteve wrote:
allanmac wrote:
bull wrote:
allanmac wrote:
bull wrote:
special one wrote:
allanmac wrote:[quote="bull" post=323294][quote="Tim Cullis" post=323265][quote="Tim Cullis" post=323264]Some of the threads on here are difficult to read as they mainly comprise posts full of quotes from previous posts.

Maybe not (thumbs)

Cheers Allan

Apparently so (thumbs)

Cheers Allan

how about this (thumbs)

Cheers Allan[/quote]

I am not sure if i am doing this right. Can anyone explain please as i keep getting the previous quotes on my postings[/quote]

it looks ok to me anyway :P
nevsey

Post by nevsey »

bull wrote:
wayne roome wrote:
andymac wrote:
IndigoSteve wrote:
allanmac wrote:
bull wrote:
allanmac wrote:
bull wrote:
special one wrote:[quote="allanmac" post=323300][quote="bull" post=323294][quote="Tim Cullis" post=323265][quote="Tim Cullis" post=323264]Some of the threads on here are difficult to read as they mainly comprise posts full of quotes from previous posts.

Maybe not (thumbs)

Cheers Allan

Apparently so (thumbs)

Cheers Allan

how about this (thumbs)

Cheers Allan[/quote]

I am not sure if i am doing this right. Can anyone explain please as i keep getting the previous quotes on my postings[/quote]

it looks ok to me anyway :P[/quote]

I reckon thats the way to do it :P
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

special one wrote:While we're on the moan, I also find big sigs on people's posts annoying, links galore or big photos, the sigs are bigger than any text they post, a forum I'm a mod on don't allow big sigs and I'm in agreement with it.
What like mine?
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”