sat nav GPX-ride data

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
scouse

Re: sat nav GPX-ride data

Post by scouse »

Will have to be when I get home... on a telephone conference in work at the moment :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Louisdut

Post by Louisdut »

Try this one if you like ?

[The extension kml has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Let me know if it works please

Louis
Alun

Post by Alun »

What would you like the new map section to be called? And would it be better for it to have sub sections i.e. Wales, England, Scotland etc. ?

And would someone like to volunteer to write a 'sticky' post to describe what the hell it's all about for those of us who use fag packets, pencils and ask the locals 'which way is it to Amarillo'
davsato

Post by davsato »

i think it might be an idea to subdivide the thread into areas, ie south east, west, midlands etc, and then subdivide that between satnag brands, as some technophobes like me would download the wrong file and spend hours wondering why it wont flash up on the old zumo.

it works with .gpx files but i downloaded a custom POI file from a thread on here or XRV forum that might have been one of these .gdl files? ive never heard of a kml file i thought that was a dutch airline? is that what tomtom uses?

speaking of the custom POI file i downloaded, it has somehow enabled the zumo to flash up speed camera warnings, something the 400 isnt supposed to be able to do?
Dave
scouse

Post by scouse »

How about keeping it simple - call it Where is...? then split it into Kit, Software, and Routes ?
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Alun

Post by Alun »

scouse wrote:How about keeping it simple - call it Where is...? then split it into Kit, Software, and Routes ?
You've lost me already :blink:
scouse

Post by scouse »

davsato wrote:
it works with .gpx files but i downloaded a custom POI file from a thread on here or XRV forum that might have been one of these .gdl files? ive never heard of a kml file i thought that was a dutch airline? is that what tomtom uses?
Ah you haven't discovered the joys of Google Earth then - KML files have all the data for routes etc and not only do you get to see maps, but satellite images and it's possible to see it all in glorious 3D as it has a terrain mode as well as pictures that have been tagged to appear at their point of being taken... http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/earth/index.html

scouse

Post by scouse »

Alun wrote:
scouse wrote:How about keeping it simple - call it Where is...? then split it into Kit, Software, and Routes ?
You've lost me already :blink:
And you haven't ridden with me yet :D ... I don't get lost I just happen to end up in places I didn't expect to be... ;)

scouse

Post by scouse »

Louisdut wrote:Try this one if you like ?
Stage 7.kml
Let me know if it works please

Louis

Yup that works has the waypoints and the track... looked like a nice ride. Will try and get a geotagged image one up tonight.

davsato

Post by davsato »

scouse wrote:
davsato wrote:
Ah you haven't discovered the joys of Google Earth then - KML files have all the data for routes etc and not only do you get to see maps, but satellite images and it's possible to see it all in glorious 3D as it has a terrain mode as well as pictures that have been tagged to appear at their point of being taken... http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/earth/index.html
ah so. kml files are google earth then. apparently you can transfer routes from GE to mapsource, is this true?
Dave

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”