Why do you have an Adventure Style Bike

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
macvisual

Re: Why do you have an Adventure Style Bike

Post by macvisual »

I own an Adventure bike because I can ride it faster/better than a full on sports bike, of which I've had plenty over the years.

Love the sit-up style, and you don't need to ride at utterly mental speeds, more useable brake horse power.
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Hey -Ralph-;

That's one utterly MINT looking Triumph 955i triple, wOw, respect my man!

Beautiful condition.
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Having ridden all types of bikes over many years I would say that "I" can "Make Progress" on public roads quicker on a sit up & begg style of machine than "I can" on a machine with clipons.
The life saver glance over the shoulder is far easier to accomplish & the mirror work gives a much quicker spatial awareness & therefore faster responses.
If we're talking streamlining & speeds outside the legal limits such as race track performance then no contest, the sports bike excells in that environment.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
moto al

Post by moto al »

this was my first uno cira 1983 now worth over 10k .but thats life.the first proper over land motorrad.cheers al B)
DSC02913_2013-04-13.JPG
DSC02913_2013-04-13.JPG (245.72 KiB) Viewed 661 times
moto al
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

macvisual wrote:Hey -Ralph-;

That's one utterly MINT looking Triumph 955i triple, wOw, respect my man!

Beautiful condition.
Thanks

It's a 2006 and I got it in 2010 with 3600 miles on the clock, previous owner had hardly ridden it. It is my toy and doesn't see rain often, when it does it is washed either before it goes back in the garage or within 24 hours or so. I do keep it taxed and insured over winter but only for days when the roads are dry, I don't let it get plastered in winter salt, I use the XT600 if conditions are like that. It is basically mint.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

picos mestizo wrote:The life saver glance over the shoulder is far easier to accomplish
It's riding with my head tilted right back and looking though the top of my visor thats starting to annoy the most I think. Never used to bother me but I think adventure style bikes are more suited as you get older and not as bothered about racing around everywhere.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Lord Sut

Post by Lord Sut »

I'm around 6'4" and my 955 Tiger has more room for me than most road bikes. My first bike was a TS185 and I've liked the trail bike riding position ever since. The fact that its very versatile is a real bonus. The fact that its a fashionable class of bike is a positive, but it didnt really play a part in my decision to buy.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Simple . . . . .

Cos

I

can

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Devonboy

Post by Devonboy »

The older you get the more upright you want to sit, like armchairs, then you start thinking about buying a Harl...... F**k that Sh*t :ohmy:
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Devonboy wrote:The older you get the more upright you want to sit, like armchairs, then you start thinking about buying a Harl...... F**k that Sh*t :ohmy:
I can't think of anything worse as you get older than sitting low to the ground, with your arms stretched out in front of you bending your back and curving your shoulders, then having your legs stuck out straight in front of you too, with all the weight through your hips and bum.

Return to “THE PUB”