Honda Crosstourer

The Things We Ride
scotsy

Re: Honda Crosstourer

Post by scotsy »

Have you tried out the DCT version? those that have it don't have the same problems with 'clunky' changes (gear ratios are differently spaced) although when going around town it does make some noise (clicks?) but absolutely no clunking, jerking or lurching, just a very smooth change which is only noticeable to the rider when he sees the dashboard gear position indicator digit change

It really is the best of both worlds when you can instantly swop from auto (drive or sport) and manual (handlebar buttons)

My first thoughts were to just leave it in sport mode all the time but nowadays tend to ride in drive or manual most of the time

I can also vouch for the top speed although using GPS also tells that the speedo is approx 10% fast but its the GRUNT thats the best part (and the growling sound coming from the intake when you twist the throttle)

2012-06-2815.45.02.jpg
2012-06-2815.45.02.jpg (67.15 KiB) Viewed 707 times
gazxt1200z

Re: Honda Crosstourer

Post by gazxt1200z »

spasm,
It's got an erratic tickover now and its hunting/surging in the lower revs which is a bastard around town so much so i'm not riding it till its either sorted/sold.Also if i could still ride a sportsbike i wouldv'e kept me zx10r,zx12r or My zzr1400 really miss that bike but as me spine is slowly crumbling with rheumatoid arthritis i have to ride bikes like these so i am bolt upright.

Return to “BIKES”