Horizons Unlimited HUBB UK Overlanding event 19th to 22nd of June

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Travelling Sam

Re: Horizons Unlimited HUBB UK Overlanding event 19th to 22nd of June

Post by Travelling Sam »

A bit of news. Competitions? Again for 2014 we are going to have Competitions for Motorcycles, Expedition Vehicles and for Bicycles. 3 categories in each but we aren't spilling the beans on what those are, just yet.

They will give you the chance to draw attention to your wheels, the mods made and so on. It's a way of sharing the info.

Kevin Bond is organising for the Expedition vehicles.
Paul Myers the Motorcycles
and Helen Lloyd the Bicycles

If they don't find you, please find them

They will tell you where, if you are a two-wheeler, to bring your steeds for display and judging. Expedition Vehicles will be judged where they are parked up.

Each of the 9 winners will have a prize - some of them so good that I'd like to keep 'em. :whistle:

The prizes for the Expedition Vehicles are kindly provided by Front Runner and for the Motorcycle and Bicycles, they have been donated by Traveldri-Plus in conjunction with Wheels to Work.

Got to be in to win :woohoo:
Sloth

Post by Sloth »

Hoping to be riding down Thursday between lunch an tea time ... depending on work .
Looking forward to it ... done a test pack/load and alls looking good :) ..Even the weather ...(touch wood ) (thumbs) :P
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Ive got a ticket for sat/sun is it poss to turn up on the fri afternoon and pay for the extra day ?
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

HU have got it set up that HUBB UK passes are 4-day Full passes. Thursday/Friday passes or Saturday/Sunday passes. There are lots of sound reasons behind that - they wouldn't have done it otherwise.

However, if you want to turn up on the Friday and pay the difference between a 2-day and a 4-day pass, well it'd be daft not to, and Friday has LOADS of really good stuff going on.

Can you PM me with your name, and the email you booked under please. I'll hunt out your details so I can let Registration know. And I'll email you to confirm and how much that'll be. You'll need that email at Registration.

Can you do that today please or tomorrow am latest. Things are on the move fast here now and I'm leaving here first thing on Tuesday am for set up - won't have much internet contact for a while then.

Glad you can make it a day early! See you then (thumbs)
Pippobug

Post by Pippobug »

So what about day passes? No chances of those happing? I can't make both days and don't really want to pay for a second day or camping when I can't stay, but would love to still come for the day.
2002 Yamaha TDM 900

1993 Suzuki DR 650 RSE

2006 Kawasaki Z 750 S - Wife's Bike but occassionaly I get to ride it.
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Hi Pippobug, sorry no, no day passes. It's just not that kind of event. Grant Johnson recently did an interview with ABR where he explains why. If you scroll down a little bit on The HU Facebook Page, you'll see what Grant says in the interview, and more about HU and why it happens.
GB

Post by GB »

Hello Sam, if I'm fit enough I might try and get there Sat/Sun, will see how my replacement shoulder is feeling.
Finally back on a GS :D
ratass

Post by ratass »

Fork seals done ,oil pipes replaced ,jetting sorted,mot passed,trailers ready to rewire,camping gear sorted,with only a few days to go till the hubb and who goes an knackers his ankle.
Yep poor old ratty.
Fingers,toes and everything else crossed its workable by Thursday morning.
Else its the van :( .
Oh well comfy bed at least
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Mr Toad wrote:Long range weather forecast is looking good :)
Lizzie wrote:......

Looking forward to seeing you there - if you have an hour to spare when you're there then let Sam know as some of his volunteers have had to drop out :(
See you two on Tuesday. Can't wait (thumbs)
Paul wrote:.....
See you all soon,
Paul & maria xx
Kinda looking forward to seeing you two, too. I have a confession to make. :S
I accidentally (honest) stole one of your mugs from Takoda.... :pinch:
I will have it with me this week.... Sorry. :blush:
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

GB wrote:Hello Sam, if I'm fit enough I might try and get there Sat/Sun, will see how my replacement shoulder is feeling.
Fantastic! (thumbs) I hope you are up for it! I want to pick your brains if you do. A friend has just been offered a shoulder replacement! Amazing :)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”