Horizons Unlimited HUBB UK Overlanding event 19th to 22nd of June

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Barcelona Pat

Re: Horizons Unlimited HUBB UK Overlanding event 19th to 22nd of June

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Travelling Sam wrote:More great news!

As you’ll know, CCM are joining us for the HUBB UK. The news is that they will have bikes on hand for you to test ride too. Fantastic! They will take small groups out for 20min or so rides.

You’ll need you full license – both parts and of course full riding kit. Talk to them on their stand when you arrive to get booked in!

As CCM are in the Adventure Travel Zone with no vehicle movement, can I ask everyone who take’s ‘em up on this to wheel their test bikes to the edge of the zone please. Only 50m and light bikes so no worries methinks.

The event gets better and better :cheer:

Ooooo bet there will be long lines to sign up for that... perhaps I´ll head off now and get in at the front! Great stuff
P
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Y'know we are doing the raffle in aid of ShelterBox and that with the prizes that have been collected and those being donated by each of the exhibitors we'll have over 50 prizes?

Well, here's something new. :D

This year we are going to do an auction. Two amazing prizes have been donated and well, this is one of them. A £500 tent from Adventure Bike Shop!

News on the next auction shortly! It's very special too! But in a very different way!

The auctions are going to be happening in the Marquee Cinema, just before the raffle prizes are drawn.

Wickiup3-AdventureBikeShopTent.jpg
Wickiup3-AdventureBikeShopTent.jpg (27.66 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Not been to the HUBB UK before? Well that being the case I thought I'd post a map of the layout. Give you a chance to find your way around before you get there. (thumbs)

If you've been before, have a look for the changes - you'll see a few!

In the main camping area you'll see some hard standing spots, can everyone with bikes leave those for expedition vehicles please - obvious why really :whistle:

So, here's the plan! Oh, and the 'cornershop' isn't marked, but when you get there it'll be obvious. They will have bread, bacon, eggs, chocolates, smokes and well, corner shop stuff. Very handy and not silly prices either!

HUBBsiteplan2014revC14-05-14psr.jpg
HUBBsiteplan2014revC14-05-14psr.jpg (86.29 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
koala

Post by koala »

Unfortunately due to work we won't be there til Friday.

Sam, Linda & myself have volunteered this year but can't remember what for ( it's an age thing) , I assume we'll find out when we get there. If anyone needs to know more about local amenities we should be able to help as we live in Castle Donington
Radio Mary Saturday night, thumbs up from us (thumbs)
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

Sam, just wondered if there was a presentations schedule yet so I can eek out the best track to see the bits that interest me the most?

This will then allow me to see when I can spare a few hours to help the crew again this year ;)
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Hi Kev and Linda, age? :dry: Ha, no chance but then again that is my excuse for things (thumbs) But seriously, I saw your post on the thread for the HUBB UK on HU this morning so replied there and have also just emailed. I hope you are up for these things. I really value you guys helping out. An event like the HUBB UK doesn't work without people mucking in. Actually it also helps set the mood doesn't it. Anyway, I'm rambling :silly: Looking forward to seeing you guys on Friday next week!
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Gavinskii wrote:Sam, just wondered if there was a presentations schedule yet so I can eek out the best track to see the bits that interest me the most?

This will then allow me to see when I can spare a few hours to help the crew again this year ;)
Top of the morning :) Presentation Schedule? Too right there is. It's attached. Some really good stuff happening. Anyone taking a look though should check out the version that'll be posted on walls and so on at the HUBB UK - sometimes last minute diddles do have to happen. But this is now logged as the final version. We are working on a surprise guest though. Hopefully more news on that in due course.

Volunteering? yes please (thumbs) You have my email - that'd be great thanks.

HUBBUK2014ScheduleFinal.pdf
(525.75 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Ha! I nearly forgot. Anyone thinking about coming - don't miss out today! It's the last chance to snag pre booked pass discounts. But you have to do that before 9pm tonight. That's book and pay.

Here be the link Book your Pass here.

HUBBUK2014_Flyer_900pxpsrr.jpg
HUBBUK2014_Flyer_900pxpsrr.jpg (149.84 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
Pippobug

Post by Pippobug »

I was looking to go for the Day (Saturday) but there is no option to buy a ticket for the single day, that is a shame, let's hope they will change it later before the event.
2002 Yamaha TDM 900

1993 Suzuki DR 650 RSE

2006 Kawasaki Z 750 S - Wife's Bike but occassionaly I get to ride it.
scouse

Post by scouse »

Pippobug wrote:I was looking to go for the Day (Saturday) but there is no option to buy a ticket for the single day, that is a shame, let's hope they will change it later before the event.
Nope - they haven't done day tickets for some time - splash out on a two day one and camp over :)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”