Horizons Unlimited HUBB UK Overlanding event 19th to 22nd of June

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Mr Toad

Re: Horizons Unlimited HUBB UK Overlanding event 19th to 22nd of June

Post by Mr Toad »

Jane (Lizzie) and I will be there as always helping with 'stuff', a great way of meeting and talking to new folk, making friends etc

If anyone attending feels they can give a couple of hours volunteering over the four days to help with the smooth running of the event, I'm sure Sam would really appreciate a PM.

See you there. (thumbs)
Never enough time and so much to see and experience.

Previously a VStrom 650, and a KTM SMR 950, currently XT600E with many mods. And now a F800GS Trophy since the KTM has gone.
ninothedude

Post by ninothedude »

Hi!!

early bird catch the worm!!!
tommo tenere

Post by tommo tenere »

Hi Steve, I'm coming down this year, this will be my first HUBB hope to catch up over the weekend!!
Cheers
Mr Toad

Post by Mr Toad »

tommo tenere wrote:Hi Steve, I'm coming down this year, this will be my first HUBB hope to catch up over the weekend!!
Cheers
Be great to catch up with you mate. We hope everything is good with you. I'm sure you'll not be disappointed, always loads of great folk and presentations etc etc.

Previously a VStrom 650, and a KTM SMR 950, currently XT600E with many mods. And now a F800GS Trophy since the KTM has gone.
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Mr Toad wrote:Jane (Lizzie) and I will be there as always helping with 'stuff', a great way of meeting and talking to new folk, making friends etc

If anyone attending feels they can give a couple of hours volunteering over the four days to help with the smooth running of the event, I'm sure Sam would really appreciate a PM.

See you there. (thumbs)
PM? Help? I would, I would. (thumbs) Thanks Mr Toad. Are there any IT Techie types coming who could give some hours on the Presentation Crews. We are a bit lean on people there - we'll manage but help would be great to have.

As the greater percentage of the presenters are travelling types who don't do regular presentations, we have a Crew on hand to make sure that all the knobs and buttons are in the right places so the presenters can get on and do their thing without worrying about the IT side of things.

Best thing about the role, other than being helpful to the guys and it being a great way to meet people, is that you'll have front row seats to some amazing presentations. Anyone up for it?
scouse

Post by scouse »

Maybe be able to help Sam ... depends on the other things... :)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

scouse wrote:Maybe be able to help Sam ... depends on the other things... :)
Thanks Scouse!!! Much appreciated. Y'know, one of the reasons I ended up helping to make the HUBB UK happen was because I volunteered for general stuff when I first started to go - like I said it's a great way to meet people. I wasn't long back from a trip and was feeling a bit of a square peg in UK life. Just loved the buzz of being around other people who were so interested in overlanding.

Not IT volunteering mind! Far too much of a numpty for that! T'is all the black arts for the likes of me :whistle: I stick with the more practical stuff. (thumbs)
Tim Cullis

Post by Tim Cullis »

paulh7021 wrote:Me & Brother are coming, very keen to find out as much as we can towards our trip to Morocco October.

Paul
Travelling Sam wrote:Excellent - just the man there for you to talk to. As the schedule is coming together it looks as if Tim will be presenting at 9pm on Saturday. Check the presentation schedule when you arrive in case there's a change to that. You'll meet up with quite a few guys who have been that way too. Magic riding! (thumbs)
Happy for you to pick my brains if you can find me around before the Saturday night (I'm leaving early Sunday morning).

And I'm also doing a session on Orkney and the Outer Hebrides on Friday night—all adventures have to start somewhere and not everyone can take months off work to ride round the world! B)
"For sheer delight there is nothing like altitude; it gives one the thrill of adventure
and enlarges the world in which you live," Irving Mather (1892-1966)

Access the Morocco Knowledgebase
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

More great news!

As you’ll know, CCM are joining us for the HUBB UK. The news is that they will have bikes on hand for you to test ride too. Fantastic! They will take small groups out for 20min or so rides.

You’ll need you full license – both parts and of course full riding kit. Talk to them on their stand when you arrive to get booked in!

As CCM are in the Adventure Travel Zone with no vehicle movement, can I ask everyone who take’s ‘em up on this to wheel their test bikes to the edge of the zone please. Only 50m and light bikes so no worries methinks.

The event gets better and better :cheer:
Mr Toad

Post by Mr Toad »

Travelling Sam wrote:More great news!

As you’ll know, CCM are joining us for the HUBB UK. The news is that they will have bikes on hand for you to test ride too. Fantastic! They will take small groups out for 20min or so rides.

You’ll need you full license – both parts and of course full riding kit. Talk to them on their stand when you arrive to get booked in!

As CCM are in the Adventure Travel Zone with no vehicle movement, can I ask everyone who take’s ‘em up on this to wheel their test bikes to the edge of the zone please. Only 50m and light bikes so no worries methinks.

The event gets better and better :cheer:
(thumbs)

Wow, I bet all the spaces fill, why would you not ;)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”