ABR Island Rally

beddowsm

Re: ABR Island Rally

Post by beddowsm »

Al Danby wrote:Is the meeting place definitely "Snab point", just so's I can highlight it on the map, the satnav doesn't seem to know where it is!!! (my young lad has already started blowing up his armbands :laugh: )
Yep al, meet at snab point
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

That's the place!

For the sat nav, try sticking in LA14 3YG that's the post code for Biggar, the village about a mile up the road, don't stop there but carry on through the village, as the road (Mawflat Lane) sweeps left and then right again look for a layby on the left. No doubt with a bunch of reprobates on bikes milling around :laugh:

The Grid Reference for Snab Point is SD208 638 and it looks like this as you approach

Untitled_2013-05-17.png
Untitled_2013-05-17.png (675.62 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Mike sent you a PM regarding this, not sure if you got it as the forum went a bit spasticated/codey on me :( :laugh:
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Tyrant68 wrote:Mike sent you a PM regarding this, not sure if you got it as the forum went a bit spasticated/codey on me :( :laugh:
Sorry an, never got it.
Al Danby

Post by Al Danby »

Just out of curiosity, do we have any idea on numbers going yet? long range weather report looks good B)
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Mike, gonna have to drop out as we've now exchanged contracts on the house and we need to get packing!
P-M-G

Post by P-M-G »

Mike - please take me off the list, unable to make it. Work getting in the way of my biking activities. Sorry but enjoy, hopefully next year.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Al Danby wrote:Just out of curiosity, do we have any idea on numbers going yet? long range weather report looks good B)
Always hard to say, 32 names down. But from experience I'd expect a good third to pull out. If we get 20 ill be happy. Obviously the more the merrier. Just surprised more haven't come forward for this unique event.

It's the people,not the numbers that make an event for me.
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Mike will you do another to Piel this year?
400 has just cost a bomb to put right and 640 needs a new cam and followers/rockers.
Bread and water for me for the next millenium :laugh:
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Tyrant68 wrote:Mike will you do another to Piel this year?
400 has just cost a bomb to put right and 640 needs a new cam and followers/rockers.
Bread and water for me for the next millenium :laugh:
Sorry Ann,

only one planned for this year. And all depends on how successful it is as to wether there will be one next year. Like I said, unique opportunity to ride to an island for the night.

You need to replace your fleet of "Keeps Taking Money" machines. Mine was a bottomless pit......but saying that the Husky is still costing me just as much to keep off road.

Return to “June 2013 - ABR 'Island' Rally at Piel Island 1st - 2nd June”