nods

Bikers and riding
garyboy

Re: nods

Post by garyboy »

dibbs wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:36 am Hahahaha brilliant subject! I thought I was a bit fucked up but the comment by fishandchips made me laugh, nodding from his car lol... I have also done this once or twice (I'm still laughing as I type this ). Ill go even further as to say I have a mental struggle weather to nod up and down or nod to the side lol... and often look like a complete spaz by using a combination of both hahahaha....
yeah ... I have done that too,
worse still, when in the car, passing a groups of bikes, I try not to nod, but can't help looking at them all passing ..
and find myself `banking`, leaning my body into the car seat, gaze fixed at the bikes ..
and, fukk me .. they nod to ME .... :shock:
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

johnnyboxer wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:04 am Nodding is for dummies

As others say.... a wave is a more positive affirmation
I see you're your usual cheery self today Johnny :mrgreen:

Where's the bloody green lane ride reports that we love , get on with it man :lol:
one-legged adventurer
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

Always nodded to anyone on two wheels, just feels like the right thing to do, years ago almost everyone would respond, these days it's way less than 50% some people seem too precious on their Harleys etc to bother
Petethefeet

Post by Petethefeet »

When I started on a bike it was normal to see a front back nod, having had a break for 10 years plus the side nod seems to be the standard greeting greeting now.
But agreed with others not many respond, keep thinking I need to be a bit more positive with my nod but the OP might just think I have a bit of a tick :D
XT350 1988
Triumph Thunderbird 1957
johnnyboxer

nods

Post by johnnyboxer »

boboneleg wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:04 am Nodding is for dummies

As others say.... a wave is a more positive affirmation
I see you're your usual cheery self today Johnny Image

Where's the bloody green lane ride reports that we love , get on with it man Image
Ha
Not been out on XR 400 since 2017 on the trails - just riding my eMTB all the time on trails and also ......
Been doing more Trials this winter and prefer it
Nice warm van, there and back rather than shivering at 60 mph on a bike in winter on road
May sack the road GS and trail bikes off forever - in favour of just Trials and eMTB
I just find motorcycles a bit tedious at present
It may pass when spring cleaning comes - at least I did tax the GSA's today from April 1st - so the thought was there - but £170 was ouch
Last edited by johnnyboxer on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Tink

Post by Tink »

When I was touring France they used to hang there leg out👍
WillS

Post by WillS »

Tink wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:04 pm When I was touring France they used to hang there leg out👍
I think that's when the overtook you. Or you overtake them.That's the norm here anyway. :D
Unless it's some high powered sports bike passing at Mach something or other and frightens the sh1t out of you!! :lol:
I would say well over 90% give the left hand down acknowledgement.
I always try to do..
Much easier riding on the R/H side of the road :lol:
Moosehead

Post by Moosehead »

Im relatively new to biking with 4 years in, I always found nods from similar types of riders (adv) etc. Sports bikes never do.

Europe is so much friendlier!
Dan
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Moosehead wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:36 pm Im relatively new to biking with 4 years in, I always found nods from similar types of riders (adv) etc. Sports bikes never do.

Europe is so much friendlier!
That's a shame, Moose. I was a lifelong sportsbiker (UK and France) and never experienced much of an unwillingness to nod. Here in France it's almost a religion amongst bikers to recognise each other with a low V. Perhaps UK sportsbikers are making some kind of distinction between nodding at another sports bike and other types of bike. Bit daft that. We're all in it together after all.

(Except for Harleys of course, which don't really qualify as a motorbike in any meaningful way...) :lol:

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”