Tourmalet

Where you've been and what you done
WIBO

Re: Tourmalet

Post by WIBO »

WillS wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:08 am
The Spanish Biker wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:30 am
Campagman wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:29 pm
Another great climb is the other direction out of Luz Saint Saveur, the D921 upto the Cirque du Gavarnie and the Port du Bochero (?). The French built a road up there, the Spanish built a track!

Again, not sure if the track is rideable
That looks interesting. 'bachero' is an antique word for an executioner in Spanish - although it crops up in slang as a kind of p***head! - and although passes sometimes do have gruesome nameds I can't see it, Could it be the Brecha pass?

Regs

Simon
Col du Tentes at 2208 m.
The road that was built is really now a track, and blocked for vehicles. It leads up to the Port du Boucharo. But still has the D-923 name on the maps. It was planned to link up to Torla in Spain. ( I think)
It was abandoned due to bad winter weather and continued avalanches. It's possible by walking and VTT mountain bike to cross into Spain from there.
It's a popular walk from there to the Brèche du Roland and refuge des Sarradets.
Fantastic place.

What Willy Spray states....great place to be....I've a couple of friends who've walked that.

Next time you're passing Willy, bring your Montana and you can bluetooth your last trails over eh? I'm looking for more of those easy trails for big bikes to guide, although I have an extensive list of those, a few more can't hurt ......or I can get them off Ken or even ride them myself over after Maroc.

Have a good weekend

:)
Will It Buff Out?
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

thank was a truly great day out Simon, I thank you Sir :D I remember struggling to try and keep up with you that day Si :twisted: :roll:

thanks for posting the vid and bringing back great memories ;)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Heff

Post by Heff »

Fantastic stretch of tarmac :D

Just rode it in the same direction few weeks back stopping for a few pics at the view point :D . then down the other side.

Brilliant
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”