Nicola Sturgeon latest wheeze.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Shidosan

Re: Nicola Sturgeon latest wheeze.

Post by Shidosan »

Just a quick extract from the public records show what the UK government spend per person......

SEE BELOW

Public Expenditure by country and region
Published Tuesday, March 8, 2016
This note provides information on levels of public spending per head in the countries and regions of the UK.

In 2014/15, public spending per head in the UK as a whole was £8,913. In England, it was £8,638 (3% below the UK average). This compares with:

Scotland: £10,374 (16% above the UK average)
Wales: £9,904 (11% above the UK average)
Northern Ireland £11,106 (25% above the UK average).
Among the English regions, public spending per head was lowest in the South East at £7,756 (13% below the UK average) and highest in London at £9,840 (10% higher than the UK average).

The full report makes a good read SO ..let England save some money.....
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

AlexSalmond is on Question Time now this should be interesting.....ish!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
wwdph02

Post by wwdph02 »

So ..................... to join the eu / rejoin after brexit, the jocks are unable to comply with financial rules unless they increase taxes, reduce spending and would also need to have a pro-rata contribution towards the 18 billion the eu already want towards the uk brexit contribution. Based on a per-head of the UK population I think the head of the Krankies, Crackerjack Sturgeon must be deluded if she thinks they want another lame duck country to join and be a negative contributor along with Spain, Italy, Ireland and most of the former eastern block.
chain driven

Post by chain driven »

I am totally disgusted with the comments made on this thread you are the very people who have contributed to the bigoted world we are forced to live in
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Shidosan wrote:Just a quick extract from the public records show what the UK government spend per person......

SEE BELOW

Public Expenditure by country and region
Published Tuesday, March 8, 2016
This note provides information on levels of public spending per head in the countries and regions of the UK.

In 2014/15, public spending per head in the UK as a whole was £8,913. In England, it was £8,638 (3% below the UK average). This compares with:

Scotland: £10,374 (16% above the UK average)
Wales: £9,904 (11% above the UK average)
Northern Ireland £11,106 (25% above the UK average).
Among the English regions, public spending per head was lowest in the South East at £7,756 (13% below the UK average) and highest in London at £9,840 (10% higher than the UK average).

The full report makes a good read SO ..let England save some money.....
Where's the table giving figures for output (or cash generated if you prefer to view it that way) per head for each country?

The figures for public spending are a bit misleading when viewed on their own because they show every bit of cash spent divided by the population and if you just take the cost of maintaining the infrastructure alone then it's easy to understand why Scotland and Wales will be more expensive than the south east.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

chain driven wrote:I am totally disgusted with the comments made on this thread you are the very people who have contributed to the bigoted world we are forced to live in
Go and sit in a bar in most Scottish cities on a weekend evening and listen to what they have to say about the English. Better still, do it when a football match involving England is on the tv.
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

chain driven wrote:I am totally disgusted with the comments made on this thread you are the very people who have contributed to the bigoted world we are forced to live in
Bigot
noun:
a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.
I've no idea how to add a signature.
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

The poison dwarf is on every bloody channel this morning. My remote control has never been so busy as I rush to change the channel.
I've no idea how to add a signature.
chain driven

Post by chain driven »

AndyB wrote:
Go and sit in a bar in most Scottish cities on a weekend evening and listen to what they have to say about the English. Better still, do it when a football match involving England is on the tv.
Why should we be any different from the rest of the world :woohoo: or am I just a bigot (thumbs)
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Old Git Ray wrote:Oh my God, I just realised that if she wins my wife will remain an EU citizen.(possibly !)
If Scotland stays in the EU and doesn't have to reapply. That needs a constitution rewrite which was never on the cards in 2014, but I bet Brussels would be happy to do it now, just to piss off Westminster.

I'll apply for dual UK / Scottish nationality and keep my rights as an EU citizen if it happens though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Return to “THE PUB”