Stella Alpina 2010

Where you've been and what you done
africajim

Re:Stella Alpina 2010

Post by africajim »

Great idea Alun, the Stella really is a once in a lifetime must do's! If it was in the events more people will see it and perhaps consider going along.
It's got everything an adventure needs, great roads, stunning scenery, offroad tracks, the Alps, and the t-shirt to prove it!
Honda, the power of dreams.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Do you want to have a crack at setting up the 'Event' Jim? If you've the time I'd appreciate the feedback on how easy the software is to use. If not no probs.

I've a lovely day planned today moving furniture from one part of the country to the other. Zzzzzzzzz.
scouse

Post by scouse »

To be honest Aj every time I have done the Stella it has been all the Tigers,Varas,KTBooms and ATs that I have seen on their sides in the dirt... this time the only bike I saw go down was mine :(

But given that something like 60-70% of bikes that go higher than the Rifugio tend to be Beemers I think that is a given :D

I am wondering tho' if this inner ear issue I appear to have may have contributed to the spills.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
africajim

Post by africajim »

Alun, I've had a look but stumped if I can find how to set up anything in the events? Hmmmm, obviously not so easy for a simple service engineer!
I've not decided what I'm doing next year yet so I'll not commit myself as yet! But I will consider it!
Alun

Post by Alun »

Thanks for trying Jim, I obviously need to make it a little easier to set up an event.

I was thinking of the 'events' section more as an info section for site members i.e. like a 'what's On' sort of thing. If enough events are posted up it could become a valuable resourse for finding out what's On

I'm thinking more of Romania (from Freidrichshafen) next year but I may detour via Bardo just for the crack.
africajim

Post by africajim »

It's craic!

Ha ha!

Never mind, I'm on to Jack Daniels and coke now (thirsty!)

Agreed, there's lots of great events and if we had a resource to check it would give forum members more choice of venues to base runs around.
There's only one up in this area I would enter, the Grampian motorcycle convention in September. A great day out, plenty to see and a focal point for bikers of all gendres.
As soon as I figure out how to I'll enter the date! (The set up for the calendar on the XRV forum is pretty simple)!
scouse

Post by scouse »

Low res of the ascent of Col Du Galibier ... my DVR appeared to be packing in.Think it was the heat...

Anyhow a quick edit with one of my fave tracks that was nearly the same length as accompaniment.

[video type=youtube]M2Vo9rg6ErM[/video]
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
africajim

Post by africajim »

Remember it well, the shop on the left just before the tunnel at the top sells sheepskins and cowhides! I remember stopping there for a coke and looking at the potential seat covers for my bike! (Arse must have been sore!)
Great video, brings back memories!
Alun

Post by Alun »

africajim wrote:
It's craic!
And I lived in the Emerald Isle for 4 years too. That black stuff sure makes you dyslexicicicic.
karnevil

Post by karnevil »

Does this site have a swear filter?

**** me why the **** am I so ******' stoopid as to ******'say I will ******' do summat before I ******' check out what the **** is involved?
Scouse you wanna ******' think yerself ******'Lucky that this dumb fat **** wasn't following you else I wud have been ******' parked on ******'top of ya.
****me that looked ******'steep!

Is ok I recovered now!

******'hell :ohmy:

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”