looking for some legal advice on speeding

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
The Sarge

Re: looking for some legal advice on speeding

Post by The Sarge »

Gedge wrote:
Andi_Archer wrote:Not enough witnesses

If the speeding charge was brought through an eye-witness account rather than by record from a camera or speed gun, there must be at least two witnesses. One witness alone is not enough for a speeding charge.
https://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/personal/speeding
Nonsense..I spent 30 yrs prosecuting people ...single witness supported by technical means equals ample evidence to prosecute ...

( actually if you read what you actually posted it agrees with me ...)

What a statement to make on here "I spent 30 years prosecuting people"

Did you get a medal for that ?
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

The Sarge wrote:
Gedge wrote:

If the speeding charge was brought through an eye-witness account rather than by record from a camera or speed gun, there must be at least two witnesses. One witness alone is not enough for a speeding charge.
Nonsense..I spent 30 yrs prosecuting people ...single witness supported by technical means equals ample evidence to prosecute ...

Yes I did...took a lot of arseholes out of circulation...nearly as rewarding as killing innocent civilians in an illegal war ....did you get a medal for that ???
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Kenbo wrote:Sorry to say but the speed camera vans also have a camera in the front linked to the speed camera in the back. So once the speed camera gets you the other camera get a pic of number plate on way past. :(

I was up at Inverarery one day, and the police had an open day letting the public into the vans and explained how it all worked.

I dont know about other places but the Scottish police appear to more keen to prevent things like speeding in the first place.
As far as I'm aware it's only some vans that can get bikes,the ones with windows in the side too,although that could have changed in the last few years.
Personally,I would just suck it up.If you know you were speeding and you get caught,just man up and accept it and learn to keep your eyes peeled!
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Gedge wrote:
The Sarge wrote:
Gedge wrote:

Yes I did...took a lot of arseholes out of circulation...nearly as rewarding as killing innocent civilians in an illegal war ....did you get a medal for that ???
I have never killed an innocent civilian, to my knowledge, but I wonder how many "arseholes you took out of circulation" are reading this ??
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

The Sarge wrote:
Gedge wrote:
The Sarge wrote:
Gedge wrote:

I have never killed an innocent civilian, to my knowledge, but I wonder how many "arseholes you took out of circulation" are reading this ??
To your knowledge ...I wonder how that stacks up to the evidence of the 100s of thousands killed because you were just following orders...if anyone reading this was an arsehole that I took out of circulation then I'm happy for them to know that I never prosecuted anyone that didn't deserve it...if they don't like it tough....you know, if you can't do the time etc etc....
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Anyway, Yoshi seams like you are fooked mate, single evidence from a Copper coupled with their technical gizmo's (that they always claim to have calibrated that day) and it's points and a fine for you. Funny how you're always told by them that taking it to court you will lose and it will cost you a lot of money, yet the rich and famous who have the money for Barristers have a high degree of success in getting off ??
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Gedge wrote:
The Sarge wrote:
Gedge wrote:
The Sarge wrote:
Gedge wrote:

To your knowledge ...I wonder how that stacks up to the evidence of the 100s of thousands killed because you were just following orders...if anyone reading this was an arsehole that I took out of circulation then I'm happy for them to know that I never prosecuted anyone that didn't deserve it...if they don't like it tough....you know, if you can't do the time etc etc....
And how many times have you knowingly broken speed limits, were you an arsehole then too ?

I can't abide hypocrites
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

YOSHIWOLVES wrote:received a NIP in the post today for a speeding offence, 58 in a 50,, I checked out the photographic evidence online but the photos are only of the front of the bike so no way of identification, but they obviously got my number after I had passed the camera van,, so my question is can they prosecute me on the evidence of the photos even though they dont show a number plate ?
thanks in advance :)
Probably a speed awareness course unless you've already had one in the last 2 years.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

The Sarge wrote:
Gedge wrote:
The Sarge wrote:
Gedge wrote:
The Sarge wrote:
Gedge wrote:

And how many times have you knowingly broken speed limits, were you an arsehole then too ?

I can't abide hypocrites
As reading / comprehension seems to be a challenge for you......

1. I never said everyone I prosecuted was an arsehole
2. Not everyone I prosecuted was for speeding
3. The arseholes I did prosecute all deserved what they got ( including the bloke that I managed to get 6 months inside for ramming a motorcycle off the road because the rider kicked his garden wall)
4 . What you can and can't abide doesn't interest me,,..the fact that every time I post, you appear from nowhere with another snide or provocative post suggest that you have more time for abiding than you admit
5. I speed every time I ride...I do so thoughtfully and as a result I have never been prosecuted..must be the ability to work out where it's appropriate ...
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Yoshi,

Go to court mate and say "I was speeding 'thoughtfully" you can't possibly lose !!! (thumbs)

Return to “THE PUB”