KTM 690 LUGGAGE ADVICE

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
tetley

Re: KTM 690 LUGGAGE ADVICE

Post by tetley »

I use wolfman panier frames, http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/sect ... ae7ce6e911
Enduristan Monsoon soft panniers, http://www.zenoverland.com/soft_pannier ... nsoon.html
Guard It Rear rack, http://www.adventure-spec.com/default/b ... 0-e-r.html
With an SKB i-series waterproof, lockable top box (its actually just a waterproof case). Just big enough for A4, lockable and pad lockable.
Krega Tank bag, although I have just changed to the Wolfman small expedition tank bag, perfect fit for the 690. http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/prod ... n-tank-bag

IMG_1435_2013-01-02.JPG
IMG_1435_2013-01-02.JPG (77.19 KiB) Viewed 1872 times

Enjoy.

C
paulgoy

Post by paulgoy »

XR400STUPOT wrote:I am off on a 10 day continental camping trip this year with my KTM 690, so need some luggage sorting out. I have sort of short-listed The Giant loop great basin at £319 (looks expensive), The Wolfman beata plus at £127 and the Kriega adventure overlander at £189 as options. I would prefer the soft type without a frame like the above. I would appreciate it if anyone could offer thier advice or experience of this type of luggage so I hopfully make the right choice.

Cheers

Stu.
Hi Stu
I spoke to adventure -spec on the same subject
They said the giant loop coyotee was the one to go for for a mainly off road trip with a small roll bag if you need it , the grand basin would be too big , they said if you can't get all your gear in the coyotee your taking too much
Give them a bell they were really helpfull
Cheers
Paul
bultacoman

Post by bultacoman »

I used the Wolfman racks with expedition panniers on mine.Great quality waterproof and fit simply and securely with no flapping about.Those and any waterproof roll bag on the top.The pannier frames add strength and act as crash bars too!
Cheers
Paul
XR400STUPOT

Post by XR400STUPOT »

Thank guys for your help on this one, very helpful. What I have decided to do is to go to one of the (friendly) shops/dealers that offer a range of this type of luggage with my bike, have a look, see if it fits the bike, me and looks right.

Thanks

Stu.
Sparkton

Post by Sparkton »

Hey Stu,

You could always load up my panniers with your "stuff" as you always do, letting you a nice laden free ride up and down the trails with no burden!! :whistle: :whistle:

Just a thought??? ;) ;)
Sparkton

Post by Sparkton »

On a serious note though,

I have just been to Go Outdoors in Loughborough and they are selling a large selection of quality waterproof holdalls (all sizes) for good money (IMO?)

Strapping them to your bike though without any pannier frames may be a problem, there is only so much you can carry on the pillion seat?
XR400STUPOT

Post by XR400STUPOT »

I agree with you Tone, so it makes more sense for me just to put all my kit in your panniers as normal.
I have arranged for a chap from the local scaffolding contractors to come round and fit us a new rack to your bike.......
kenny87

Post by kenny87 »

XR400STUPOT wrote:
I have arranged for a chap from the local scaffolding contractors to come round and fit us a new rack to your bike.......
:lol: :lol: :lol:
timcat1069

Post by timcat1069 »

Rally Raid luggage rails & ortlieb dry bags.
Rails are pricy but act to protect the bike & exhaust if it goes over & ortlieb bags are about £35.00 each held on with Rok straps.... Waterproof & bombproof....
paulgoy

Post by paulgoy »

timcat1069 wrote:Rally Raid luggage rails & ortlieb dry bags.
Rails are pricy but act to protect the bike & exhaust if it goes over & ortlieb bags are about £35.00 each held on with Rok straps.... Waterproof & bombproof....
Wondering which way to go myself ,
Are the Rallyraid rails easy to take off when not in use ?

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”