Honda Crosstourer

The Things We Ride
spasm

Re: Honda Crosstourer

Post by spasm »

i had already fitted the pipes and pcv, the bike was set up nicely, thdn i heard about the ECU remap by diasapon in italy, when i emailed them to tell them about my set up, he replied that with the pcv and pipes it makes much much more power than a stock bike.
i sent it, and when it came back and i fitted it took it for a blast and shit my self lol. fooking thing is powerful enough for anyone now, more grunt and smile factor than both my tuned xjr1300's. who cares about top end, it flies up to 135mph effortlessly and theres more, but im not gonna push it, its not that sort of bike.
try and explain to me why u think its not running right, and wot u dont like about it.
i truly luv mine, great handling, and tons of grunt and easy off the throttle wheelies lol ;) its a yamaha nuff said :woohoo:
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
spasm

Post by spasm »

i hop this guy has the right software, and knowledge, or ur wasting ur time bud
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
IanM

Post by IanM »

I agree with Jim!
7001a.jpg
7001a.jpg (63.17 KiB) Viewed 1992 times
IanM
cozmo1589

Honda Crosstourer

Post by cozmo1589 »

Get a sports bike if it's power and wheelies your after. An adventure bike is....... Well an adventure bike. It's designed to go all over loaded up with shit and cope with being knee deep in water etc etc ;-)
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
africajim

Post by africajim »

cozmo1589 wrote:Get a sports bike if it's power and wheelies your after. An adventure bike is....... Well an adventure bike. It's designed to go all over loaded up with shit and cope with being knee deep in water etc etc ;-)
I agree with what you're saying regards adventure bikes as that's what my bike is for, load it up and travel across different terrain, which the Crosstourer does quite well. I'm getting reasonable economy for a big bore bike and at over 200 mile range it's perfect for up here in the Highlands, including hard tracks. Carries my tent and luggage no problem, so ideal for my adventures.
But,,,,
As an ex-sportsbike rider I still yearn a bit of power, the Crosstourer has plenty of grunt to make me smile, if you turn off traction control the bike wheelies off the throttle with ease in several gears and pulls sharply to the ton in 2nd before the limiter comes in! On the runway I've seen excess of 140 with more to go so more than quick enough for me. I'm still getting used to the bike and the suspension is still needing a bit more tweaking but it is a fun ride!
It's not for everyone, for sure, Steve T had a run on mine and said he wouldn't have one but that's personal taste for you. I like mine, grin machine!
Honda, the power of dreams.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

africajim wrote: . . . . Steve T had a run on mine and said he wouldn't have one . . .
But why wouldn't I have one?

My recollection of the event - and it was an event - was that, whilst standing up on the pegs on a bumpier, twistier section of road and after glancing at the speedo, the thought "Why is the speedo reading in Kph and not Mph?" ran through my less than crammed crainium!

It ain't Kph, it's Mph! :woohoo: :evil:

The bike is fecking mentally fast. So smooth you really don't realise your wacking up the speed.

Just my drivel (brought on by just thinking of riding that machine brings on drivel - Jim can vouch for that :whistle: ).

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
africajim

Post by africajim »

I agree Steve, even I think it's too fast sometimes. I was giving it beans on Saturday on the way home from Deeside and good grief! The bike can still scare me it's so quick. ;) I'm not really up to wringing its neck yet! LOL!
But I'm having great fun trying to tame it.
xtgaz

Post by xtgaz »

love mt xt 1200 no plans to sell so honda can keep there cross dresser :evil: :evil: :evil:
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

The Honda salesman said that he had the Cross Tourer up to 148 MPH.

But the bike is quite high and heavy, so beware of over powering the tyres.

On the Super Ten if you try to give it too much power in the lower gears, the ECU just decides you must be joking Jimmy and moderates the throttle input.

If you like riding fast, use a grade 1 sports bike, instant power combined with unbelievable brakes and handling.
africajim

Post by africajim »

xtgaz wrote:love mt xt 1200 no plans to sell so honda can keep there cross dresser :evil: :evil: :evil:
Thats ok, but it's actually the Cross runner that was renamed the crossdresser. :whistle:

Each to their own, the Honda's still the better bike in my eyes B)

Return to “BIKES”