seat comfort

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Lancastermick

Re: seat comfort

Post by Lancastermick »

CRAIGREVO wrote:I usually just stand up for a while when my bum goes numb. :laugh: :laugh:
Does anyone know whether its legal? If I'm likely to get a fixed penalty, then I will purchase a bum soother. ;)
Good point, wouldn't mind a definitive answer myself on this one...I've ridden past coppers myself in rush hours stood on pegs (just to test the water) without issue.

However, I once read on the ADV forum about a guy in Wales being pulled for riding through a town on pegs...they said it constituted undue care and attention but let him off with a warning (which sounds like a bloke in uniform seeing something out of the ordinary and trying to attach a misdemeanour to it if you ask me).
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I cant see it being illegal, but it would be nice to know for sure. So come on you lot I know there are some police bikers on here, so get your law books out. ;)

Legal or not?
riding_standing_up_on_bike_riding_motorcycles_in_lebanon_dangerous_but_funny.jpg
riding_standing_up_on_bike_riding_motorcycles_in_lebanon_dangerous_but_funny.jpg (60.61 KiB) Viewed 2520 times
Pussyhorse

Post by Pussyhorse »

70 quid!?!?!

I bought a sheepskin from here.

http://www.lambland.co.uk/shop/motorcyc ... -1190.html

Big enough to cover the seat on my GSA. It only sits on top of the seat, but that's not a problem.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I go along with the "If you can afford it get a corbin" shout, I have a corbin on my FJR and one on the Rocket III superbly comforable seats.
Touring France Some Useful Central Massif Touring Routes...

Ride Reports places we have been and things we have seen...
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

I know loads that have bought sheepskins from the likes of Ikea, but and a big but these skins have been cleaned and made to smell nice for use as baby rugs. In the cleaning process all the goodness is removed, I've got a bio skin still loaded with natural lanolin, the water does not get through, just sits on the fibers a good shake and its almost dry. I got mine from this firm

http://www.schaffellhandel.de/pi10/index.htm

if your not bothered about the colour they start from €16 they also sell via ebay.
the seconds are best for seat covers, they may have dye stains from medication given or scars. these are the full fleece enough for double seat or 3 singles. They also make great sleeping mats.

Another tip is search through the horse section of ebay and get a numnah, they are saddle pads for between the saddle and the horses back, My gel numnah was a fiver, then I found a sheepskin one aswell, unfortunatly it was a wool mix, it helped but no where near as good a real skin.
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

That website looks a good place to buy a sheep skin snaphappy but its all in an alien text. Can they deliver to the UK?
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

Yes they can deliver
prices are
Zone 2

2 skins 30,00 €
5 -"- 35,00 €
10 40,00 €
15 45,00 €
20 50,00 €

I tried bablefish but it would not work, any specific questions and I'll answer, I found them through ebay, at the moment they haven't any special offers on but keeü checking back there ebay name is schaf.farm

http://stores.ebay.de/e-b-a-y-s-Schaffell-Profis

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/schaf.farm/m.htm ... =12&_rdc=1
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”