Some dealers just dont give a....................

The Things We Ride
bond_yzf

Some dealers just dont give a....................

Post by bond_yzf »

Had a bit of a small issue with my ten at the weekend,the immobilizer light on the dash seemed to have a mind of its own flashing really irratically,so thought i better get it checked out bike still ran perfectly tho,so off i go to my local yam dealer monday and book it in and they will have a look.

Get a phone call today to tell me that its all fixed it was a blown power relay under the seat and all will be told when i collect the bike at 5.30pm,so i get there to be told that the power relay was blown due to it being drenched in water and it was down to the way i was washing it (at this time im thinking ok i did go through a ford last weekend :woohoo: )

so ok i listen to what he has to say and thats that,now the bike is 2 mnths old and when i bought it the tool kit was missing,so 2 days after buying the bike i call in and tell them that its missing can i have one please to which they produce one and off i go.
Get home the kit doesnt fit where its meant to so i go back tell em its the wrong one and im told they would need to order it.....

fast foward till tonite and im told yeah your tool kit is here but its exactly the same as the one we gave you first so you will need to pay for it or pay for the work we have just done today.

so let me get this correct either i pay for a toolkit that should come with the bike free or i pay for the relay you have just fitted to which i get "yes or we will be keeping the bike here" to which the snotty little f****r got "ill be havin my keys or you will be removing my fist from your arse.i have never been soooo wound up in all my days :evil:

so i get my keys and trundle off on my merry way and never will i be stepping foot inside that joke i used to call my dealer

rant over now whos got Alf Englands number :laugh:
Tenere Mart

Re: Some dealers just dont give a....................

Post by Tenere Mart »

FFs :ohmy: thats shit service .... trying to make u pay for something thats apart of the bike . Your warrnty should cover that relay I would go straight to Yamaha head office and blast them diplomaticly lol ... and see what comes of that :unsure: .Hope it works out for you bud .
Martin
MART
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

they told me it wasnt a warranty claim as it was down to me washing the bike,yeah i did go through a ford but it wasnt that deep that it would have completely submerged the relay.

ive washed all my bikes the same way for years and never had a problem
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Just wondering if the tool kit was actually the right one. I took mine out and the first time it was really difficult to get back in. I ended up splitting it up and have put some bits in tool tube and some back in the bag under seat.
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

it could may have been but i couldnt get it to fit where it should have so to me it didnt seem correct
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Have you got one now? If you take a pic and stick it up on here I'll see if its the same as mine on 2009 tenere
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

i will take one tomorrow
jasext

Post by jasext »

Dont use the tools that come with the bike ,theyre made of toffee ,you will also have to source a key that fits your front wheel as they dont come with one as standard .
As for warranty i had the wiring loom replaced on mine no problem ,the wires had corroded inside somehwere and dealer couldn't find it .
Make sure you grease up your reg/rec down near the sump guard ,they have been known to cause issues by holding water due to the design
davsato

Post by davsato »

okay three things-
1. an adventure bike that cant get wet? sorry, but a £13,000!!! adventure bike that cant get wet?

2. name and shame, which dealer so we know who to avoid? thats a shite attitude to a customer whose just bought a new bike. definately give yamahaUK a piece of your mind, maybe yam head office too, you got nothing to lose.

3. there is a special college in tokyo that just teaches spotty jap macD addicts how to pack bike tool wallets. these are magic wallets, being bigger on the inside than the outside and once emptied you can never get it all back in.
Dave
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

jasext wrote:Dont use the tools that come with the bike ,theyre made of toffee ,you will also have to source a key that fits your front wheel as they dont come with one as standard .
As for warranty i had the wiring loom replaced on mine no problem ,the wires had corroded inside somehwere and dealer couldn't find it .
Make sure you grease up your reg/rec down near the sump guard ,they have been known to cause issues by holding water due to the design
It's already had a loom change due to a broken block connector that fits onto the rectifier, and I've wrapped the new block connector with innertube

Return to “BIKES”