Womens Bike Gear

Does my ass look big in these?
Straydog

Re: Womens Bike Gear

Post by Straydog »

Missus Stray has the problem of being 6' and finding stuff long enough, however the BMW unixsex range fits perfectly. Glove wise no problems.
Scythian

Post by Scythian »

Straydog wrote:Missus Stray has the problem of being 6' and finding stuff long enough, however the BMW unixsex range fits perfectly. Glove wise no problems.
Yep, my problem too as I'm 6'2" tall :ohmy:
My current textile trousers are from Canada. Although nice and long, warm, dry and bomb proof they are also rather too large around the waist. I can't win!
'The most dangerous part of a motorcycle is the nut connecting the handlebar to the seat.'
Duchess

Post by Duchess »

The only thing I really struggle with is boots, the fitting around the calf muscle. :(

I'm not big not by any means but I do have strong legs with all the walking and riding I do.

Any suggestions ladies? What do you wear?
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Alpinestars are the widest around the calves.
Don't touch Thor boots , they're about as wide around the calf as the ankle!
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
Scythian

Post by Scythian »

Duchess wrote:The only thing I really struggle with is boots, the fitting around the calf muscle. :(

I'm not big not by any means but I do have strong legs with all the walking and riding I do.

Any suggestions ladies? What do you wear?
Unless I have a pair specially made or there's a brand out there who caters for larger calves (Rugby players suffer from this issue too I hear) I tend to stick to ankle boots as my pants have sewn in armour on the shins.
'The most dangerous part of a motorcycle is the nut connecting the handlebar to the seat.'
Selous

Post by Selous »

phillh wrote:Jenny Tinmouth (British Supersports Racer) was interviwed in a bike mag a few months back and she said she couldnt find any female riding gear that fitted her properly. A lot of the kit she wears is for males.
Well don't know why she didn't go to HideOut? Katie the owner makes Racing Leathers made to measure, she also makes a lot of Essex, Cambridge, Hertfordshire police Mc Traffic gear.

I have a set made there as well.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com

Return to “CLOTHING”