Howdy dudes

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
-Ralph-

Re: Howdy dudes

Post by -Ralph- »

"Howdy dudes" ??? You feeling OK?

Welcome newbie, from another newbie!

Treadtrader is based just off Fosse Way and can sort you out with some decent tyres for that DRZ BTW!

;-)

PS: Use quick reply, or tick 'do not subscribe' when you post, or go to profiles, subscriptions and delete there. The email notification for every post in a thread will drive you mental.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
special one

Post by special one »

You know me mate, always happy and polite lol

I wish my distanzonias (*sp) would hurry up and wear out, they just keep going.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
2 wheeled tourist

Post by 2 wheeled tourist »

Hello...:)
Hey! I'm a tourist. And that's how I like it.
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

Welcome great start to improving your pump dodging skills - you never know when you need it :-)
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

welcome buddy, i also have a drz with lets just say more than a few mods lol...

the fcr,3x3 mod and removing the clean air system does make a noticeable difference but to get the full benefit from the fcr drz "e" cams are needed.i run the fcr with e cams and an athena 440 kit and it transforms the bike completely

if you need any help with mods gimme a shout as im only in northants
tiger800xc

Post by tiger800xc »

welcome to the forum hope you enjoy:)
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Ferris Bueller
special one

Post by special one »

bond_yzf wrote:welcome buddy, i also have a drz with lets just say more than a few mods lol...

the fcr,3x3 mod and removing the clean air system does make a noticeable difference but to get the full benefit from the fcr drz "e" cams are needed.i run the fcr with e cams and an athena 440 kit and it transforms the bike completely

if you need any help with mods gimme a shout as im only in northants
Cheers mate, might take you up on that.

Although I have a technical background I have trouble understanding some of the how to's but if i seen somebody do it once id pick it up.
I do worry about affecting it's reliability tbh.
If I could get another 5bhp I think it would make a big difference.
Current bikes...

bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

theres a lot of info on Thumper Talk about the drz mods but i find they tend to over complicate things (no-offence intended :) )

the 3x3 mod and removing the clean air system is straightfoward all that is required is a small blanking plate to be fabricated for the front of the cylinder above the header which i can make hundreds of em at work no probs,on the reliability side of things the bottom end on the drz is one of the strongest and most reliable it can quite easily take the extra ooomphh just like anything regular oil changes etc, if you go for the fcr try and get a drz "e" specific fcr as i went for one from a ktm 520 and i had a lot of jetting research and ap mods to do on it.big bore kits go with the best either athena or cylinder works in the usa.i got my kit from the drz guru eddie senerios in the states and what that guy dont know about drz,s aint worth knowing lol.
special one

Post by special one »

Yeah been on thumper talk a bit, thats exactly what i mean about the over complicating of things, i lose interest when i have to do too much thinking lol

Its defo something i want to have a crack at, need some armour / kit as well so that might be first.
Might get some kit from the dirtbike show.

Btw, the guy i go laning with is from northampton also, tons of lanes over there as you probably know :)
Current bikes...

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”