DVLA

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Marra

Re: DVLA

Post by Marra »

Sulaco_uk wrote:When it was time to renew my licence last year i sent the paperwork off as if i had "lost":whistle: my old licence, the cost is the same as a photo replacement. This mens if u happen to "find":whistle: our old licence u will allways have proof of the entitlements on your licence.
This is what I did, plus a covering letter stating which categories I had, plus a photocopy of my old licence (which I told DVLA I always copy in case of 'losing' it, ahem.)

Paranoid, me - nah,just covering my a**e :unsure:
Throttled

Post by Throttled »

I used the Post Office route for renewing my licence and the DSA's offer to have the entitlements put onto my licence when I passed my test. I figured the DVLA are less likely to argue with the post office or the DSA if something goes wrong, which it didn't.
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

Thanks for the heads up - I've done photocopies & scanned versions of my license today
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
IntruderWithin

Post by IntruderWithin »

Hi photocopies won't be accepted by the dvla. What I was told was to phone them and check what they have on record . You provide some basic info over the phone and they will confirm what they have on record. If what they have on record matches then you won't have any problems with losing your motorcycle licence. It worked for me;)
At times of peace, plan for war.
earthman

Post by earthman »

placky2 wrote:thanks,wasnt sure if it was a load of poop or not! can you remember what you asked for? i know theres a name for the request but cant remember what it is.did you have any trouble with your licence after?
There is a link on DVLA's own website. http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/foi/dataprtc.aspx
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

This hasn't only happened to Cat A licences. A couple of guys at my old company had to renew their HGV licences as they reached the age of 45. When they came back they were missing their HGV entitlement. Aparently the only proof they accept is the pass form you get when passing your test. Considering you need to send this off to get the category put on your licence is a farce.

I've got my coach training in a few weeks. I will need to send my licence off to have that category added. So I definitely need to do something as I also have Class One HGV and Motorcycle on mine. I don't think the HGv will be as much of a problem as I have a Digital Tachograph card although this doesn't state if it's cat C1 or C+E. Think I will go the Certified copy route AND DVLA record of what I have before I send it off.
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
earthman

Post by earthman »

Loggy wrote:Aparently the only proof they accept is the pass form you get when passing your test. Considering you need to send this off to get the category put on your licence is a farce.
I photocopied mine before sending them off, I was just worried about them getting lost in the post all those years ago, DVLA's cock up of the groups wasn't an issue back then as far as I knew.

Return to “THE PUB”