hot hot hot

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
mr fish

hot hot hot

Post by mr fish »

This a question for anyone with a tenere ....do they all run really hot i.e around the legs and a lot of heat on the plastic carrier at the back??:unsure:

No lights coming on so in guessing they all do but im just checking

Cheers john
sconav

Re: hot hot hot

Post by sconav »

Hi Mr Fish,

They do run really hot if not on the move. It's not anything to worry about. One thing to look out for when parked up is not to rev it too much as the headers will start to glow red hot (may cause some damage). It has been noted by other Tenere owners as well. I had the radiator off mine this week and the coolant changed, when I put it back together I was a little worried at the length of time it took for the fan to cut in, about 15 mins. It did work in the end so all is well.

Bonus is it keeps your nether regions warm when on the move especially up here in bonnie Scotland.

Scott. :)
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

Difficult to say if the 10 runs any hotter than any other bike - I spent 2 weeks on mine this summer in the south of France. The amount of heat coming off the bike (when the ambient temp is 40 degs C) was unbelievable - however she never missed a beat. So IMHO, you shouldn't wouldn't worry too much
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
mr fish

Post by mr fish »

Cheers guys was just making sure it should be nice for winter at least :silly:

Return to “TECHNICAL”