My 690 has been cloned!!

Bikers and riding
DavidS

My 690 has been cloned!!

Post by DavidS »

As per my KTM Forum post….

Got a 61 in a 30 limit prosecution notice in the post today.
Some little git in a hoodie in Telford wheelying past a camera at 23.21 on Saturday night with my KTM number plate on his bike. I was at home and fast asleep by then….and 175 miles away. I doubt they would have brought the bike back if it was mine.

I’ve spoken to West Mercia police and emailed them an explanation and photos of my bike. Number plate different size, no reflector and looks like a black silencer. Rear light looks different as well. I don’t own a hoodie and I can’t wheelie.
I’ve had to phone Bemoto and write to DVLA but I could get stopped at any time as my number is on the police database. Police will take a few days to get back to me and DVLA in 6 weeks if I’m lucky.

Everything bike related is a hassle this week. :mad:
Hope tomorrow’s trip to P&H solves the Norden warning light issue or it will be on its way….
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: My 690 has been cloned!!

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Oh, David!

A mate of mine from South Wales had that happen to his Husky...he was 'caught' in Hemel Hempsted!
Had a bit of a fight to get them to admit it wasn't him, and was told his bike was now 'stop on sight'.

I got a parking ticket for my car from London, when I was in Coventry. It was issued by Haringey Council, and only cancelled when I sent them pictures of my car. I was expecting this to be followed by a deluge of Congestion Charges etc, but it seems it was a one-off.
I wrote to DVLA Swansea, and to the Met Police warning them that my car had been cloned and didn't get the courtesy of a reply from either of them.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Many years ago I received a parking ticket issued in the red light district of Birmingham. Being a serving Police Officer at the time, in a different force, I was able to supply evidence pretty quickly to prove it wasn’t me.
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

LOL. What a surprise.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I am exonerated!
Just had an email to say my bike is obviously nothing like the one in the speed camers images.
I won’t rush to change my reg number unless I get stopped for being on the ANPR database.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”