Adventure Bikes Everywhere!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
jasext

Re: Adventure Bikes Everywhere!

Post by jasext »

We had around 200 come to the Taffy Dakar in South Wales, Only a few GSs though.

Thankfully this is not a "expensive, commercially-planned show" and all the money raised goes to local charities
gbags

Post by gbags »

OnHellas wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:16 pm I get that. I also understand that for some it’s their first trip away on a motorcycle.
I didn’t mean just those on the way to an organised event. Over the years I’ve seen so many bikes loaded to the gunwales and I’m always amazed by it.
Of course, it could be me and the way I like to travel.

On our last big trip a rule was if it didn’t fit in the boxes, we didn’t need. For reference we were on two bikes, 4 panniers and 1 top box between them, with full camping gear including chairs. We were away for 17 months.
Mind you, the two shirts that I had were pretty tired by the end of it 😂😂

I wasn’t trying to take a pop at anyone.
Hell’s bells Hellas!
Where did you go for 17 months? That sounds like an astonishing trip. Is there a trip report?
Please give us a link if there is one and a little summary here.
Cheers,
G
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

The 17 month trip was back in 2018/19. Reports were posted on here.
I think the thread title was A lap of Australia, Anti Clockwise or similar.

The whole trip was on 2 F800GSs and took in Australia, New Zealand and then USA and Canada.

I’m sure that you read at least some of my waffle back then….you’ve probably erased the drivel from your memory 😂
gbags

Post by gbags »

Yes, now I remember the lap around Australia but didn’t know the rest. I was out and about in ‘18 as well.
My daughter has moved to Oz for two or three years so that’s on my To Do list too.
I thought about getting the bike flown to India and then riding down. Myanmar and Indonesia might need hopping over though.

Return to “THE PUB”