Steriod injection for arthritus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tramp

Steriod injection for arthritus

Post by Tramp »

Okay had carpal tunnel surgery..successful now got bad arthritus in right wrist , have to stop after 40mjns and 100miles max ride....I've had both wrists broken in motorbike accidents innpast...

Will injection bring relief from pain or are my biking days over...missed off is a understatement..
Magnusson

Re: Steriod injection for arthritus

Post by Magnusson »

It worked nicely for my father. First injection lasted nearly 10 years. But the drugs were different in the early 90's. What was available then might not be available now. And different people react differently to drugs.
Champagne taste on beer budget.
Alun

Post by Alun »

I've dislocated my shoulder many times and now have arthritis in that same shoulder. When it gets to the point of affecting my sleep I have a steroid injection and life is bliss for anything between 6-18 months. Eventually the pain starts to creep back in at which point it's rinse and repeat.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Thanks Guys...I'll go pester the doctor or go private as biking is very important to me and the mojo has gone at moment
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

My mate has had enough of the old shoulder injury and subsequent arthritis, so he bought himself a new German shoulder back end of last year. Meeting up with him in the Alps next month to see how it handles the GS.
Attachments
IMG_0451.jpeg
IMG_0451.jpeg (125.39 KiB) Viewed 607 times
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Diet can also affect symptoms so look into that but basically it's stay away from sugar and processed foods. Sugar is a general term not just actual sugar. It's more a case of refined carbs that turn into sugar quickly.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
soho

Post by soho »

Russ, I last had steroids in my shoulder over 10yrs ago and that was to free up some movement rather than for pain. The irony is that the shoulder is one of my worsts injuries but it never troubles me, where as other less damaged parts of the body give me regular.sleepless nights. Once I'm up I swim & gym (daily) and have barely any daytime pain. I truly believe constant exercise keeps it all at bay mate !

My old man had both carpels done at the age of 85, and to be fair he had a bit of difficulty with his grip towards the end of his life, but I had him walking his fingers up and down the wall twice a day and I think that helped him quite a bit..............Stay positive mate.
6x.jpg
6x.jpg (109.88 KiB) Viewed 588 times

Return to “THE PUB”