Monks Trodd

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Monks Trodd

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Interesting story here

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... cing-plans

IIRC, the original road was engulfed by the peat bog.
garyboy

Re: Monks Trodd

Post by garyboy »

I can't wait for it to happen, as then I can wheelie irresponsibly right along the expensive track, using it as a base for veering wildly off course to flatten rare birds eggs and bullrushes and the odd bald Eagle. I will be able, with an evil grin, to deposit vast amounts of carbon into the overloaded bog, and increase the temperature of the planet by at least 3* at every irresponsible wild trip.

I am told that the ancient monks wore wellies ... so the use of rubber boots is a precedence , so is legally OK, in common law, for bikes with rubber tyres to rip along that track, just like those speedy old monks.

Half the track is Powis, and half is Carmarthen, and the Carmarthen end officially stops by the farm bridge .. a dead end, officially. So choose your protest banners sides. Though you will be trespassing if coming from the west.

There will be hundreds of people to knock over as, even in the cold howling winter there are thousands of walkers and horse riders trudging through those deep dangerous bogs.

O .. and watch out for those giant bog snorkeling crocodiles.

Great to see the councils using up (this time) their sensible grants for cyclists, pedestrians, motorcycles, and cars etc. Well worth the effort to get us peoples to actually use the lanes we are entitled to.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”