Best tyre-changing video ever?

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Best tyre-changing video ever?

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Agent Orange

Re: Best tyre-changing video ever?

Post by Agent Orange »

Book marked that...knew most of it anyway....but it will cheer me up whilst I'm swearing at a new tyre not an a soft part worn... :mrgreen:
Richard Simpson Mark II

The guy at my motorcycle tyre-changing place was cursing the Mitas 07+ Dakar rear as he put it on my KTM...and he's get a proper heavy-duty rig.

Changing over to Conti TKC 70 Rocks shortly...interesting to see if that's any easier...
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:17 pm The guy at my motorcycle tyre-changing place was cursing the Mitas 07+ Dakar rear as he put it on my KTM...and he's get a proper heavy-duty rig.

Changing over to Conti TKC 70 Rocks shortly...interesting to see if that's any easier...
Let me know how that goes Richard, I have a Mitas 07 Dakar rear on my 701 and It felt like I was going to break my wrist getting the fecker on.
getting the oem Conti tyre off wasnt bad but im not sure what they are like putting on new
Its a trick............get an Axe
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Asgard wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:33 pm
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:17 pm The guy at my motorcycle tyre-changing place was cursing the Mitas 07+ Dakar rear as he put it on my KTM...and he's get a proper heavy-duty rig.

Let me know how that goes Richard, I have a Mitas 07 Dakar rear on my 701 and It felt like I was going to break my wrist getting the fecker on.
getting the oem Conti tyre off wasnt bad but im not sure what they are like putting on new
Yep had one on my 690....a kin beast....it took two of us with my mates Rabaconda on the rear...on my own I gave up and paid a tenner to my tyre guy...the front was easier, but pinched the tube...skill issue...now use Miras E12 /13...spoon on with ease...on my own on the floor.....with no swearing :mrgreen:
Richard Simpson Mark II

I was going for more of the same with another E07+, but there was a difficulty in getting a matching front (the EO7 I had on last time has suffered a bit), so I decided to try Conti.
A bit more expensive...and I didn't like the look of the centre band on the standard TCK70 rear, so chose the Rocks.
The Rocks has wide tread grooves in the centre, and narrower ones towards the edge, but the EO7+ is the other way around. The Conti is supposed to be more road and less dirt than the Mitas, but you wouldn't think it to look at them.
The front Conti has moulding whiskers on, but they look to have been machined off on the rear. Both tyres have a textured pattern on them, and no visible traces of release compound.
Slightly more expensive than the Mitas.
I also looked at Metzler Karoo Street, which were a bit cheaper, but I've heard mixed reports about those.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Oh hold on the original 701 tyre wasnt the tkc70 it was the 80, after looking at the tkc 70 its more road oriented, my bad
Its a trick............get an Axe
Richard Simpson Mark II

I've got the 80 on my GasGas ES 700...which is a red Husky or KTM.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

I have yet to have problems changing tyres using my Motion Pro tyre levers. Have changed all tyres by hand.
This includes bridstone AX41, Mitas E-07 and Heidenau tyres. I do always have a 3rd lever to hand though.
But a good video.

Return to “VIDEOS”