Rucksacks - I need one that lasts.

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
redbikejohn

Rucksacks - I need one that lasts.

Post by redbikejohn »

I use a rucksack for work to carry quite a lot of kit. Breakfast porridge (pre-cooked in tuperware), lunch as sandwiches or salad in summer and cooked veg in winter. Tablet for downtime, triple battery charger, small kit of bits and bobs ie plasters medicines etc. First day will also be a litre of milk. So you get the idea - its heavy. OK that is not an issue, what is a problem is the quality of todays rucksacks. My old one lasted for many years. Bought a new one that was supposed to be tough for tools etc but after a year its falling apart. Tried a kreiga but didn't like chest fixing and the lack of side or front pockets. Next thought was high end tool manufacturers ie dewalt or milwaki (?) LOL but they have are really only for screwdrivers etc and have a hard bottom.
Next up I thought British military and found the CAMELBAK morthlode or perhaps the Dragon molle patrol pack. Both way more than I'd like to spend but then again my Mrs needs an idea for a Xmas present ;)
Any suggestions? All year commuting
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
dibbs

Re: Rucksacks - I need one that lasts.

Post by dibbs »

My mate just bought an Oakley kitchen sink rucksack and I think it might be what you are looking for and about the same price as the Kreiga. Look it up online HTH.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Thanks. Had a quick look and might be worth looking into the various options/models.
Yamaha tenere 700

mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Hi John. Tried to message you last night and again tonight about your rucksack inquirey. I’m hopeless on these things and it won’t send. Could you private message me and I could respond with my information? Thanks Nige.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Thanks but it most likely too late as I decided on the camelbak motherload lite and sent a link to my wife so she can buy it for me for xmas
Yamaha tenere 700

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”