...^...thanks...I couldn't see it :roll: :lol:

Reminds me of the old Yamaha Tricker
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Brenhden

Re: New Beta Alp 4

Post by Brenhden »

That is super cool. 8-)

From the website:

The new Alp 4.0 and Alp X models are equipped with a 350cc engine developed in partnership between Betamotor’s technicians and those from Tayo Motorcycles. Developed specifically for this project, the new power unit with electronic injection is capable of supplying up to 35 horsepower at 9500 rpm. In order to exploit the full potential and all power available, the engine has been equipped with a six-speed gearbox, offering a maximum speed of over 130 km/h. Thanks to the reduced fuel consumption and 11-litre fuel tank, with 2.3 litre reserve, the new ALP offers an impressive range which allows it to take on even long off-road journeys far from service stations. The engines of the two models differ in their mapping, designed to guarantee the highest possible levels of performance for both models.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Silly place to put a trail bike exhaust
Its a trick............get an Axe
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Exhausts run so hot now, I think the traditional route is now judged too dangerous.
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

In shitty mood, been lied to too much today by marketing people who'd lose intelligence contest with a fifth grader.

So, to translate.
Brenhden wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:33 am The new Alp 4.0 and Alp X models are equipped with a 350cc engine developed in partnership between Betamotor’s technicians and those from Tayo Motorcycles. Developed specifically for this project, the new power unit with electronic injection is capable of supplying up to 35 horsepower at 9500 rpm.
Modded old engine, added FI.
Brenhden wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:33 am In order to exploit the full potential and all power available, the engine has been equipped with a six-speed gearbox, offering a maximum speed of over 130 km/h.
Had to include the industry standard gearbox to reach (most) highway speeds.
Brenhden wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:33 am Thanks to the reduced fuel consumption and 11-litre fuel tank, with 2.3 litre reserve, the new ALP offers an impressive range which allows it to take on even long off-road journeys far from service stations.
No money for fuel gauge so we re introduced last century technology (petcock is a nice word, stop sniggering in the back). Avoid specifying fuel consumption.
Brenhden wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:33 am The engines of the two models differ in their mapping, designed to guarantee the highest possible levels of performance for both models.
Smart sounding nonsense sentences. I.E. market speak.

These are no doubt great bikes that hit a nice sweet spot. Depending on price I'd be tempted.
Champagne taste on beer budget.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Must admit that I am completely confused as to what this bike, and it's X but Road clone, actually are and where thay came from. So much vague double speak ... combined with the modern trend of fake news, click bait, scams, etc, as well as so many copies from china and previously developing countries, which are designed, designed being key word, to appeal to some sort of vague western market, which itself is unsure what a bike is, let alone what a woman is, but is based almost purely on what may sell, ... that I have no understanding or confidence in all these new models.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I agree that the marketing blurb is a bit like reading a flowery novel.
Looks like the Alp 4 is a new version of the old Alp, and the Alp X is a more road-biased version of the Alp 4.

...er' just a thought... :? ...but haven't they got those names the wrong way round? I would have thought the off-road version would be called an X...?
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
chipy

Post by chipy »

Scott_rider wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:38 am I agree that the marketing blurb is a bit like reading a flowery novel.
Looks like the Alp 4 is a new version of the old Alp, and the Alp X is a more road-biased version of the Alp 4.

...er' just a thought... :? ...but haven't they got those names the wrong way round? I would have thought the off-road version would be called an X...?
There was a supermoto version of the original 4.0 some years back
1980 rs100, 1986 DT50 mx, 1990 fj1200, 1998 zzr600, 2003 R1150r, 2007 G650Xcountry, 2012 Honda wave 110, 2014 Beta alp 4.0, 2014 Beta alp 200, 2020 xt1200z
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:38 pm Exhausts run so hot now, I think the traditional route is now judged too dangerous.
Weird, I thought it was all about running LoP (Lean of Peak) these days (for lower emissions) which of course results in lower EGT
Its a trick............get an Axe
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

In a sensible world it would be, but a lean engine produces NOx. So, its all about having a furnace-like cat to burn the hydrocarbons etc down.

Return to “BIKES”