Itchy Boots Rides a Pre Production Himalayan 450

The Things We Ride
Bart1

Itchy Boots Rides a Pre Production Himalayan 450

Post by Bart1 »

This came up on my feed today, she's riding a pre production RE 450, looks interesting.

NeilM

Re: Itchy Boots Rides a Pre Production Himalayan 450

Post by NeilM »

I watched that yesterday.

I thought it was interesting that on start up the engine sounds very much like the current Himalayan, but as soon as she hit the road and started to climb you heard a very different engine.

I think RE have been very smart letting Noraly use the bike on her channel. I know she does not jam the brands she uses down people's throats, which I like because I hate people who turn their channels into continuous adverts for their sponsors, but she really hammers her gear and if there is an issue, there's a good chance Noraly will find it.

It's going to be fascinating to see how this new bike works out.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Definitely a lot more purposeful than the current Himalayan--I like the styling and the motor sounds like its got some go in it. Price will be interesting as it has to compete with Voge, Triumph and so on.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

The internet seems to suggest the 450 engine in it will produce about 40bhp, which is a healthy amount, in relative terms 8-)
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Scott_rider wrote: ↑Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:13 pm The internet seems to suggest the 450 engine in it will produce about 40bhp, which is a healthy amount, in relative terms 8-)
If it has 40hp and is cheaper and more offroad capable than the CB500X then it's hit the sweetspot.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Its weight will be a deciding factor
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I think they are different markets--the Enfield is much more suited to decent travel on rough roads with a lower seat and a good subframe and side racks---the Rally is not exactly light, needs money spent on suspension , pannier frames , rack and so on--it may well be more offroad capable but how many people actually do real trail riding with them, and then of course you have things like the Voge. I have a wr250R which is set up for travel with a bigger tank, pannier frames, reworked suspension and lowered with extra comfort from a seat concepts seat. I have done the south of France and Bulgaria on it camping all the way. It has a robust motor, wide ratio box, a big alternator and sophisticated dash/fault diagnosis. Its a 2009 bike with 26 k on it now--but bought secondhand years ago for 3k--basically a keeper with excellent build quality that has been tried and tested---and it will do trails of course. However, I will certainly give the Enfield a look when its launched.
blue bus

Post by blue bus »

watched the vid today comes across as a really nice person, the bloke i spoke to who had a himmy loved the bike but got rid just not enough power

Return to β€œBIKES”