RST Buyer beware !!

Does my ass look big in these?
fw750x

RST Buyer beware !!

Post by fw750x »

Four weeks ago i decided to Buy my New Bike gear for next year, I have used RST Adventure Series the 1st Gen and RST Adventure Pro series 2nd Gen. I bought the 3rd Gen RST Adventure Pro Series _X CE Jacket and Trousers in All sets . I thought there was someting wrong with the X CE Jacket as Both the Jackets Gen 1 and Gen 2 were 3XL and the 3 Gen was also marked 3XL ( I bought 3 Gen gear online ) The Gen 3 is 2 and a half inches Shorter !! No Mention of this on the Website in the Product Discription ? I Contacted RST by Email and after about 10 Days i contacted RST Again due to no Reply, I asked if i had been sent a Jacket that had been labeled incorrectly as the Jacket is 2 and a half inches shorter !! After another couple of Days RST Replied that there were looking in to it and would get back to me. Another couple of days Passed and they asked me to measure the Jacket which i did and sent them the measurments . Another couple of days later i sent another Email to get an Answer This is part of the reply " As his original Jacket is Historic Stock and not something we have a record of " We would be unable to comment on the length of the Jacket ( I bought the Jacket and Trousers Gen 2 around 2 years ago . I had also supplied the length of the 2nd Gen Jacket complete with pictures . Over the last 10 Years i have always bought RST Gear Boots and Gloves as well so i have spent around £2000 as i ride all year round on RST Products . So bye bye RST You clearly dont give a damm about Regular and Return Customers .
Hugh

Re: RST Buyer beware !!

Post by Hugh »

Greetings, thanks for sharing. Genuine reviews of experiences like yours are really helpful in selecting who to deal with.

TTFN

Hugh.
fw750x

Post by fw750x »

Hello Hugh I always praise Companys who sell Quality Products , And will not hesitate to Let everyone know about Very poor Service, No one gave a Damm and the bit about we dont have records of Historic items ( 2 Year old ) that im afraid took the biscuit. I am six foot tall and medium build as the 3XL May have people thinking this is a Large heavy person. The fact that it is marked 3XL I assumed that meant Extra Long and if you changed the length of the Jacket i would have thought it would be Prudent to Mention in the Product Description that the Jacket is NOW 2 and a Half Inches Shorter !! RST Dont think this is information that a Return and Regular Customer needs to know. Just for more Background the First 2 Suits i bought instore and the Store is Only open Now 9 to 5 Five days a week as i used to got to the store on a saturday Morning So that is why i bought it Online as i dont want to take a day off work when i can get it delivered for free . Cheers Francis
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I think modern stores employ the youngest cheapest sales people, so to be fair, the staff may simply not have the information or knowledge.
When you're 18, two years is a lifetime away.
johnnyboxer

RST Buyer beware !!

Post by johnnyboxer »

garyboy wrote:I think modern stores employ the youngest cheapest sales people, so to be fair, the staff may simply not have the information or knowledge.
When you're 18, two years is a lifetime away.
Agree with you
Recently bought some suspension from Brook Suspension at Bradford
Fantastic personal service and loads of info over the phone, made me want to spend with them
Nothing was too much trouble and they had experience of my particular bike too (unlike other shops who just ‘winged’ it with advice and said it would work, although they didn’t give me much confidence (they asked me to repeat which bike I had 3 times in a 10minute phone conversation Image)
Brook were candid about each product at a various price point and explained the features in detail (and more importantly the shortfalls/idiosyncrasies of each item)
I ordered front & back suspension, paid for it and then a few days later phoned back to change my order on the front to buy better (more expensive) cartridges
They changed it and re-ordered the other ones and it was no trouble
In fact once fitted they wanted me to bring my bike over for them to see how the front end performs and would ‘dial it in’ if necessary - they wanted to see how it performs for their own knowledge to help others
Simply stunning service in this day and age
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Yes ... Mark of Brook Suspension is very helpful. You feel in trusted honest hands.
I also recently ordered from them ... a Ktech front spring for my crf250 Rally.

Standard is about 6.5nmm .. (max is 9nmm) .. I would have ordered the 8.5 but he advised the 7.6nmm.
Turns out he was correct. for my weight (14stone) ...
might seem soft as just 1nmm stiffer than oem, but makes a great difference ... as he said.
He was aware that these bikes tend to bounce off hard stones, and admitted that Ktech for the 250 is not all that good, but still better than oem .. (and of course a lot cheaper than rally raid etc).

A lot of sales people will lie for a sale.

A lot of bike-sales walkaround shops seem to ignore you these days.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

garyboy wrote:Yes ... Mark of Brook Suspension is very helpful. You feel in trusted honest hands.
I also recently ordered from them ... a Ktech front spring for my crf250 Rally.

Standard is about 6.5nmm .. (max is 9nmm) .. I would have ordered the 8.5 but he advised the 7.6nmm.
Turns out he was correct. for my weight (14stone) ...
might seem soft as just 1nmm stiffer than oem, but makes a great difference ... as he said.
He was aware that these bikes tend to bounce off hard stones, and admitted that Ktech for the 250 is not all that good, but still better than oem .. (and of course a lot cheaper than rally raid etc).

A lot of sales people will lie for a sale.

A lot of bike-sales walkaround shops seem to ignore you these days.
Too true
I spoke to both David and then Mark, at Brook
Both were excellent and gave sound advise and they both ride/race off-road bikes
Lots of other suspension companies seem to have knowledge limited to road bike applications or competition dirt bikes and don’t really know much about 150-200kg Adv bikes
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “CLOTHING”