Does anyone actually make a trail bike?

The Things We Ride
catcitrus

Re: Does anyone actually make a trail bike?

Post by catcitrus »

same issue with the latest KLR 650 (US and other territories only--great travelling bike I had in the US), My WR250R, and the Kawa Super sherpa KL250 (now sold on)----all great bikes.
Many years ago when I worked for FoMoCo on Transit the driveby noise test on the "car class" 9 seater bus was a problem from engine block radiated and reflected noise from the highway, and tyre noise!--yet they still keep making gurt big SUVs-----what is the latest on so called Green battery powered cars------5 times the carbon footprint of a conventional engined car to produce, and then about 50k miles to break back even--by which time the battery will be fu"£$ed with no recycling in place. It really is just a way of keeping car manufacturers in business making stuff that 90% of us can't realistically afford.--50% of the car recharging points in the UK are in London!--we need a "people's car".------But of course there is minimal profit in that!!
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

It's a global scandal. I mean .. bike emissions must be the cleanest in the world, with all this euro emissions stuff. I usually see plumes of black diesel exhaust fumes from buses and lorries around here .. but nothing done, as its commerce. The nrw leave a horrendous mess after harvesting logs, but nothing said .. but police are hot on the case of faint tyre marks in mud.

City centres are anti-car tax collection areas, working people are victimised and bullied and over charged for wanting to get to work..

All based on the false premise that we are green, in 2 ways, and gullible that WE have caused the planet to "boil" ???

Surely?? there is going to be a backlash when people are strangled too far ???
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

O .. and the 'cost of living ' "crisis" .. that's just a political decision by the rich people.

Some of us actually believe that WE are to blame, or Mr putin, or global warming, or the price of energy .etc .. but its a fabricated hoax by the, mostly, UK government.

Do you remember when they were printing money in 'pandemic' ??? When they were paying workers to stay at home. ?

Now it's pay- Back time
. and Rishie is not so popular.

... and who do you think are paying for all that, well-deserved munitions to Ukraine??
Last edited by garyboy on Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Bike ??? O .. yeah .. a 125 traiie.. that honda xr150L still looks good
Ksithumper

Post by Ksithumper »

Thanks all, seems most of the offerings are either too enduro-y, or too small for two-up comfort.

A Honda CL400 looks perfect but they are hard to find and getting old. Drz400s probably the best of the rest.

I may try a DRZ, otherwise may have to resort to the shed pile and create something...
scutty

Post by scutty »

How about a CRF500L? I was having a similar dilemma as you so I built me own unicorn:
PXL_20230804_161105170.jpg
PXL_20230804_161105170.jpg (246.03 KiB) Viewed 1574 times
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Ksithumper wrote:Thanks all, seems most of the offerings are either too enduro-y, or too small for two-up comfort.

A Honda CL400 looks perfect but they are hard to find and getting old. Drz400s probably the best of the rest.

I may try a DRZ, otherwise may have to resort to the shed pile and create something...
You can’t buy them new anymore though Image
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

If you're not wanting enduro capability then maybe 2 up comfort is the priority?
As a Himalayan owner I would visit the Royal Enfield dealers for a test ride on the Himalayan and the Hntr.
Had my himmy for 4 years now and can't find anything else to replace it with especially for chucking in the van and driving to Scotland.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Yamaha Tricker 250's seemed popular being carried on the back of 4x4 camper vans in Iceland. Or a Serow 250.
XL/XT500 if you want to go older
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

Tonibe63 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:45 am If you're not wanting enduro capability then maybe 2 up comfort is the priority?
As a Himalayan owner I would visit the Royal Enfield dealers for a test ride on the Himalayan and the Hntr.
Had my himmy for 4 years now and can't find anything else to replace it with especially for chucking in the van and driving to Scotland.
Seconded. I've ridden around Sweetlamb on a Himalayan with a pillion on the back during some training and it copes just fine. There's also been people travelling two up long distances on them. Many find them perfectly capable on the trails. They lack a bit of ground clearance but otherwise all good.

Return to “BIKES”