Looking for a new bike, but what to go for???

The Things We Ride
Bart1

Re: Looking for a new bike, but what to go for???

Post by Bart1 »

Had a short ride on a VFR1200X a while ago, but the DCT version. It was very entertaining from a standing start in auto mode, just pin the throttle and whoooosh....80 in no time. A great engine too.
Tonylancs76

Post by Tonylancs76 »

Good afternoon,

So the decision has been made and I have gone for the KTM Super Adventure S, got a decent deal on an ex demo which I am pleased with, includes the Tech Pack and heated grips and just waiting for delivery to be confirmed.

It just made me smile to be honest and that's something i've been missing on a bike recently so i'm happy, just hope the stories of woe and problems aren't as bad as they seem!

Also got my tickets for ABR next year so its been a win win of a weekend for me!

Cheers,

Tony
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Don’t forget to post pics of the new bike for us. :P
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

amazing bike, I'm sure
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I'm a bit late, as usual.. but I recently saw a video on the ktm890 ,not the R,
the build quality looked excellent, solid , but easily removable and accessible items,.. vg performance etc too.
Tonylancs76

Post by Tonylancs76 »

Delivery has been confirmed for tomorrow so I will get some pics and post them up as soon as I can do.

Am looking forward to getting it as I've got a week off work coming up shortly, will only be able to get a few days out not a big trip anywhere but even so I think a lot of time will be sent in the Lake District and over Yorkshire way.

Just need to get a decent top box for it now as when the other half comes out she likes to have something to lean against, might also help it not having her fly off the back if I open the throttle a bit too eagerly for her! :lol: oh and one of those little screens that goes at the top of the standard screen, cant recall what they are called but I will be needing one of those to avoid buffeting.

I've been on the KTM forum as well doing a bit of research and all the issues just seem to be little niggles and stuff that gets sorted out eventually so I don't think I need worry too much, nothing major seems to happen, I think every bike I have had has always had some little thing crop up every now and then but its the big stuff I want to avoid so fingers crossed all is good!

Anyway I shall return with photos in due course!

Cheers,

Tony

Return to “BIKES”