Looking for a new bike, but what to go for???

The Things We Ride
Tonylancs76

Looking for a new bike, but what to go for???

Post by Tonylancs76 »

Afternoon all,

I am in the position of starting to look for a new bike, have a Harley Fat Boy at present which is amazing at giving you that sense of awesomeness when riding it, but I need something a bit more practical and less like steering a whale in the bends, something for two up trips as well as solo ones but most of all I need something that is great fun to ride.

My history over the last few years has been BMW GSA, Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports then the Harley, feel like I am searching for the perfect bike but I dont think that exists!

Currently got the KTM Super Adventure S and Triumph Tiger on the radar as well as swapping for another Harley, either a Fat Bob or Sport Glide, but is there anything I am missing considering? cant afford a Ducati but I am struggling for anything else to consider, dont really want to go back to BMW as I found the GS a great bike but just a bit characterless, Honda was also a nice bike but I just didnt get on with the DCT, user error more than anything to be fair.

I just dont know what to do!!! Any recommendations on something to consider is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tony
HarveyCamm

Re: Looking for a new bike, but what to go for???

Post by HarveyCamm »

Yamaha have a new version of the Tracer 9 out - lots of toys & side cases come as standard by the looks of it, I've had a test ride it was very smooth and not slowed down going 2 up. Standard config is just under £15k

https://www.5-ways.co.uk/yamaha/news/ne ... rom-yamaha

There's an off-roadish accessory pack if that's the way you want to go:-
https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/produ ... x-pl-00/#/

Cheers
Harv
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

XJR1300.
Tonylancs76

Post by Tonylancs76 »

HarveyCamm wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:37 pm Yamaha have a new version of the Tracer 9 out - lots of toys & side cases come as standard by the looks of it, I've had a test ride it was very smooth and not slowed down going 2 up. Standard config is just under £15k

https://www.5-ways.co.uk/yamaha/news/ne ... rom-yamaha

There's an off-roadish accessory pack if that's the way you want to go:-
https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/produ ... x-pl-00/#/

Cheers
Harv
That looks very nice, will go and have a look at one I think, just hope its big enough for a lump of lard like me! Cheers!
dave h

Post by dave h »

2023-moto-guzzi-v100-mandello-s-review-sport-touring-upright-motorcycle-6.jpg
2023-moto-guzzi-v100-mandello-s-review-sport-touring-upright-motorcycle-6.jpg (95.01 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Billy Bananahead wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:53 pm XJR1300.
Seconded.... there is a new one still for sale at Padgetts of Batley. Minimal electronic nonsense, no pretending to be an intrepid adventurer - just a proper motorcycle that looks like a motorcycle should, which can tour very comfortably 2-up 😄 Albeit the OP's question is a bit like how long is a bit of string?!
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

mark vb wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:59 am
Billy Bananahead wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:53 pm XJR1300.
Seconded.... there is a new one still for sale at Padgetts of Batley. Minimal electronic nonsense, no pretending to be an intrepid adventurer - just a proper motorcycle that looks like a motorcycle should, which can tour very comfortably 2-up 😄 Albeit the OP's question is a bit like how long is a bit of string?!
That was the last incarnation of the XJR, the cafe racer affair, i wouldn't like to do any touring on that. Standard trim is the best in my opinion. What, no shaft drive?
Tonylancs76

Post by Tonylancs76 »

Ha ha yes its been going through my head that the question was one that could provide millions of answers! ah well you live and learn! haha

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

the most 'fun' bikes you can buy are Aprilias...but not really suitable for your other needs.

I saw a video of a Fantic 700 last night. If I hadn't got myself a new GasGas 700 late last year, I'd be sorely tempted. Again, perhaps not ideal for two-up touring but a good laugh with that Yamaha engine in a bike that hasn't been beaten with an ugly stick!

That slogan...the dark side of Japan...always makes me laugh. It must have been dark when they signed the style/design off.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

dave h wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:41 pm 2023-moto-guzzi-v100-mandello-s-review-sport-touring-upright-motorcycle-6.jpg
BIKE magazine's Bike of the Year, for what it's worth.

Return to “BIKES”