So who do you think will win - Mr President?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.

Who do you think the American public will vote for?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:08 pm

Trump
50%
Biden
30%
Harambe
No votes
Kanye West
No votes
The Rock
10%
Other
10%

Total votes: 10

HarveyCamm

So who do you think will win - Mr President?

Post by HarveyCamm »

Who do you think's going to win the American election - who do you think the American public will vote for?

I think that Trump will hang on, not saying I'd vote for him but I think he'll win

Duck and cover! :lol:
Harv
garyboy

Re: So who do you think will win - Mr President?

Post by garyboy »

in a clear, fair and democratic vote, it is obvious that the knowledgeable but somewhat shy mr trump will win, with the proud boys ensuring` equality` `brotherhood` and .. the other fing wot frenshies got :D

o yeah .. just looked it up ... `Freedom` ... to shoot black people
without discrimination or fear of backlash

as long as with `equality` .. some are less equal than others .. obviously.
and `brotherhood` involves assault rifles, in good groups ......

with masks, .. long white ones
antisocial distancing maintained between red necks
and plenty of disinfectant drunk, for a clean shot 8-) at non red voters.
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Don't pretend to understand American politics but why is the choice between an existing egotistical unstable incumbent and a fairly old competitor who doesn't come across as vibrant articulate candidate. Why do they not have younger candidates :?:
Surely the Democrats could find someone charismatic to put up and provide a better battle.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

You could have almost said the same about the UK in December last year, although I think Corbyn's biggest failing was he was too nice a bloke for the job.
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Jak* wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:34 pm You could have almost said the same about the UK in December last year, although I think Corbyn's biggest failing was he was too nice a bloke for the job.
We don't vote for the party leader, the party members do that. We elect a party and get whichever leader they choose and this can change between general elections. The Americans are voting for a 4 year president which looking from outside appears more about individuals rather than party policies.

As for your opinion of Corbin best we will agree to disagree as we are poles apart.
(no pun intended)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

trump-its a tv show
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Whilst in theory you are right Bill, I think the reality is that the leader has a significant impact on which party people vote for, particularly in general elections. Hence all the personal attacks on Corbyn before the last election, also the huge difference in the vote for May at the previous one and for Boris. Although the right wing press, after May’s disastrous showing in the polls really put the boot into Corbyn, worrying that a Labour victory would mean at best (for them) a much watered down Brexit.
It is interesting the difference between local elections and national ones in this country. Often Labour and the Libdems do a lot better in local elections than the national ones, regardless of the respective party leaders.
I suspect that there are a lot of people in this country who could name the party leaders but not their local MP or even which party they represent.
There are of course those here and in the USA who will always vote for the same party no matter what because of loyalty to the party rather than their current policies or leader.
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Trump.... never a dull moment with him at the helm. Don't like or agree with a lot of what he says/does, but then I can say the same about the Democrats past rather poor, woolly performance, and as for their candidates this time round - the mind boggles given they had a golden opportunity to make good the last 4 yrs. All imo, of course.
dave h

Post by dave h »

Return to “THE PUB”