Oh the irony

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Crossrutted

Oh the irony

Post by Crossrutted »

Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Oh the irony

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Hilarious...don't remember them supporting the TRF's original Lost Ways efforts back when it might have made a difference.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

ok, so its `the government` that is installing these erosions of freedom and public liberties, but does anyone know who the real drivers of these constrictive laws are? .. land owners? the upper class? shooting clubs? the aristocracy? .. ?

By distancing themselves from us, the trail riders on mpv's (when we got bikes) the Ramblers have performed their own `divide and conquer` thing, which is coming back on them ... but served to strengthen our enemies in ivory towers.
They should have realised that any inroads (no pun?) into our rights of freedom of travel will only weaken our national cause.
Perhaps one day we will all stand together, shoulder to shoulder, at the barricades of justice. .. 8-) 8-)

Freedom ... like, innit ... :P

alternatively .... ????/ keep a good eye out :lol: :D
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

"Devon tops the list of the most missing rights of way"

Maybe I overdid it with finding lost ways that took other users away from MPV usable byways in Devon....

To be fair I've worked with local Ramblers on PROW claims in the southwest and get support on byway claims from them.

I wonder how many of these "found" lost paths are UCR's or part of the national road network, looking at the very large scale map of their "lost ways" I notice some in Devon that are not lost ways at all. More like a wish list.

What gets me is that every single person who has submitted lost ways info to Ramblers could just submit a Sch14 claim to their local authority but Ramblers don't seem to want to encourage use of this volunteer force as they'd rather get donations and pay themselves to do it.

The last time I looked there were several hundred outstanding claims for PROW in Devon, mostly for Byways

Has anyone got access to a more detailed map of "lost ways"
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

on a general note .. what gets me is the shift from presumption of innocence to presumption of guilt.
we now have to prove innocence
we have to prove that these public paths, byways, green roads, etc, as used by the public for perhaps millennia, are in fact public
sign of a sick society?
are we going back to the feudal society, where villains lived in villages and travellers were journey man, who were allowed to travel between villages??
Richard Simpson Mark II

I'm sure there are some Conservatives who'd like to bring back the days of whipping 'sturdy beggars' out of the parish!
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

I will bet my shirt that if the Ramblers Association 'rediscover' a lost by-way, they will pressurise the Local Authority to get it declassified ( lose it's vehicular rights)
Richard Simpson Mark II

I think the only byways you can rediscover now are of the restricted variety.

Ramblers and Country Landowners formed a temporary alliance to make sure of that.

Having got rid of the motorcyclists, they are now at each other's throats again.

A bit like when a stranger steps into a pub in Coleford!

Return to “THE PUB”