Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
daveuprite

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by daveuprite »

Tonibe63 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:08 pm Wife and I started on the ONS&Oxford University covid 19 study yesterday. Initial interview and swabs taken then another test each week for a month followed by 1 test a month for 11 months.
Positive tests will be notified within 48 hours.
It's my first day back at work tomorrow after 7 months off ........ what could possibly go wrong :roll: .
Respect, Toni - for taking part in a valuable research study.
simonw

Post by simonw »

garyboy wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:21 pm I think its beginning to dawn on more people that `lockdowns` do not work.
that the scam of `save the NHS` is for the government to save, (not us people), following their swingeing cuts.
As someone who knows a lot of folk who work in the NHS, many in ITU, I think they'd all be highly offended by this extraordinarily stupid statement.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

daveuprite wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:28 pm
Tonibe63 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:08 pm Wife and I started on the ONS&Oxford University covid 19 study yesterday. Initial interview and swabs taken then another test each week for a month followed by 1 test a month for 11 months.
Positive tests will be notified within 48 hours.
It's my first day back at work tomorrow after 7 months off ........ what could possibly go wrong :roll: .
Respect, Toni - for taking part in a valuable research study.
Thanks Dave but you give me too much credit.
My elderly Mum is in a respite nursing home for a month but they've had a Covid case this week and we may end up bringing her home for her last remaining weeks, non of us have seen her for 3 months. Also our Daughter, husband and granddaughter are coming to live with us before Christmas until their new house is finished so the offer of free regular testing was too good to pass on.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Just an update from Bristol. I’m oncall today and have already been called in for 5 hours and still have another 12 hours to go, but our hospital is now rammed full, and two weeks ago we had plenty of space.
I’m not saying this to scare anyone but when we get to Thursday please all look after yourselves. Some of our staff are now isolating as well so I’m not sure what will be happening next.
On the plus side I do get to ride to and from hospital so always a silver lining 😉
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

there was some top NHS Dame on BBC today, saying that there is enough beds .. but not enough staff trained for high skills in ITU, as the NHS has not yet received the promised training moneys for new entrants.

Wales is already in national lockdown , and a significant place of covid spread is the hospitals
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Godspeed wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:36 pm Just an update from Bristol. I’m oncall today and have already been called in for 5 hours and still have another 12 hours to go, but our hospital is now rammed full, and two weeks ago we had plenty of space.
I’m not saying this to scare anyone but when we get to Thursday please all look after yourselves. Some of our staff are now isolating as well so I’m not sure what will be happening next.
On the plus side I do get to ride to and from hospital so always a silver lining 😉
Our Daughter works on ITU and last night she was on the ITU Covid bays, about 10 days ago they had 4 patients now they have 12 with only 1 bed to spare and that is not even the main Covid Hospital in the City.
Stay safe Chris, enjoy the commute.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... he-answers
Interesting article if you haven’t read it.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Godspeed wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:36 pm Just an update from Bristol. I’m oncall today and have already been called in for 5 hours and still have another 12 hours to go, but our hospital is now rammed full, and two weeks ago we had plenty of space.

Best of luck.

At least Bristol Royal Infirmary can say they have God on their side.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

daveuprite wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:52 pm

Best of luck.

At least Bristol Royal Infirmary can say they have God on their side.
This won't help......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-54769055

Not just Bristol of course, loads of idiots out there.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Considering that we have rising hospital admissions which of course lag actual infections AND rising cases of infection, I fear we have passed the point where stopping our hospitals being overwhelmed was possible.

The next step will be bringing in the medical and support capability of our Armed forces, something the UK Government doesnt like doing, even though it seems like an obvious thing to do (they worry about the image it projects of a country out of control.)

Stay safe GodSpeed.
Its a trick............get an Axe

Return to “THE PUB”