Digital bridge camera info please

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tramp

Digital bridge camera info please

Post by Tramp »

Okay im sick of the basic huawei camera on phone, uve a nikon point and shoot pocket camera.

But im thinking of a bridge camera with a dioptic adjustmet and a big screen ti compose pics due to needing glasses fof reading, something to put in the pelicase for travels that takes shop batterys ...

Wide to telephoto lens for mainly..landscape and odd close up pics...

Nikon,fuji etc ....thoughts please..
daveuprite

Re: Digital bridge camera info please

Post by daveuprite »

Hi Russ - I'm certainly no expert but I've had three bridge cameras now and I think I know what isn't good, probably better than I know what is.

Whatever you do, try it out first. I thought I was upgrading by buying a Pentax X5, but I don't like it. Mainly because it's slow and dim-witted. By the time the thing has 'booted up', focused and responded (far too slowly) to your zooming in and out, the lesser spotted snozwangle has flown off. Infuriating. I bought it blind off the net going by the increased megapixels and other features that looked like they would improve on my old Fuji Finepix. And Pentax was an old brand I knew well. Bit disappointing really.

I particularly wanted a proper viewfinder as well as the big screen, and that's well worth having. You can see stuff properly in bright sunlight and some of them have dioptre adjustment for glasses wearers.

I think I would return to Fuji now. They are quite tough and easy to use. Although you get a better leica lens with a Lumix - but at a price. Just don't ignore how rapidly it responds to your inputs. It can drive you mad. Personally the very least I want is to be grab to grab a shot of something quickly, so a camera that reacts quickly in auto mode with no fuss is the minimum. All the hundreds of other features these cameras come with now is a bonus for those that want to learn about them. They all have really long zoom length these day. Even 28-600mm equivalent is normal, but the sensor size and things like raw capture make a difference to how good the quality is at the extreme ends.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Don't know much a out these modern camera's Russ, but debs has got a Nikon coolpix that takes cracking pics, small and compact. Hope this helps
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

chunky butt wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:33 pm Don't know much a out these modern camera's Russ, but debs has got a Nikon coolpix that takes cracking pics, small and compact. Hope this helps
Which model please mate and at least they come out the right way up lol...

DAVE... I like leica lens and thought of a fuji or maybe a Sony... But nikon I've had lots and never failed..

It ain't for art farty shots just in focus would be nice lol...
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

How much do you want to spend Russ ?
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I’ve got this one for sale, excellent condition Nikon P600
089F4AD6-CC56-47C8-9553-3672FDC2953A.jpeg
089F4AD6-CC56-47C8-9553-3672FDC2953A.jpeg (166.85 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

I've had a Panasonic GX80 for a few months. It's a four thirds camera which actually means it's smaller than a standard DSLR. Detachable lens so you can tweak it to your heart's content. Good sized touch screen as well as standard eye type lens. Pop up flash and a hot shoe if you want to get fancy. It fits comfortably into my small tankbag along with a second zoom lens and small tripod. I'm no camera wizard but it suits me (Sir). Good on auto to just point and shoot or use the fancy settings too.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

Don't Panasonic use Leica glass?

tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Every day is a learning day, I had never heard of a bridge camera till this thread, a reduced size DSLR I suppose, but are they not still a fuddle to take with you unless going especially for a shoot?

I have a Nikon DSLR (6 megapixel) and selection of lenses and I can't remember the last time I used it,maybe10 years....compacts just got good enough, then phones got good enough and now the GoPro is good enough.

Anyway, just spent an hour browsing the web reading up on them, there are a couple of cameras out there with familiar sounding names, Panasonic FZ1000 and Fujifilm F650, and probably more.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Hi Russ, it's not a bridge camera, it's a small compact S3700...20megapixels. For it's size it's brill.

Return to “THE PUB”